Chapter 11: The date part 1

*unedited*

Astrid

It had been so long since me and Hiccup had spent some time together. Just me and him.

I twirled my ring around my finger and smiled, I can't believe that we're together now. It's like everything else didn't matter anymore. The past was gone and me and Hiccup were together, that's all that matters for now.

I was looking for the perfect outfit to wear. I know most people would wear a dress, but let's just say I am not that sort of person. It just gets in your way, and it just hangs around your legs, it kind of makes me feel half-naked. And what would I do if it was really windy? I don't think I want Hiccup to see that... yet.

I sigh as I chuck another unworthy shirt and skirt on the floor. Urgh, this is pointless. I kick my bed but miss and stub my toe on a hard object underneath my bed. I hold my foot and rub it.

"what's this?" I ask myself, crouching down and reaching out from under my bed.

It's a crate. My mother's crate.

"only wear this in an emergency," the note read. Hmm, well I guess this is kind of an emergency. I swung my axe on the lock splitting it in two, I opened the lid of the crate to be mesmerised by what I saw.

It was my mother's signature dress. I know I said I don't like dresses, but this was different. I lifted it out examining it carefully.

A tear escaped my right eye as I remembered how my mother had once looked wearing it. I shook the thought out of my mind before heading into my bathroom to put it on.

Hiccup

It was almost noon and after searching for ages, I finally found what I had been searching for. It was my armour, of which I wore almost all the time in the past. I had hidden it away as it held too many memories.

I had worn this exact armour when my father died, at his funeral, when I met my mother.

Astrid would always joke around making my back fin for my flight suit pop out. I couldn't wait to see what she looked like. She would look beautiful in almost anything, so I didn't really care, as long as she would be with me and I would be with her too.

I had already set up the date, I hadn't really planned anything as I would just wait and see how the night might unfold.

Toothless warbled at me breaking me out of my thoughts. I was still standing there looking at the mirror. I had left my hair alone as I heard that Astrid likes it like that.

I looked towards the sun dial, it's almost noon. Oh no, I'm going to be late. I pick up Astrids gift putting it in my satchel on Toothless' saddle.

I hopped on Toothless,

"let's go bud," I tell him as we fly out of my bedroom window and over to Astrids house.

**************************************

Moments later and I am standing in front of Astrids house and staring at her door.

Toothless warbles at me nudging my back and pushing me closer to her door.

"ok, ok, I-I'm doing it," I said shaking my head at him. He just gave me his innocent gummy smile. I chuckle, before reaching my hand out towards Astrids door. Here goes nothing.

*knock*

*knock*

*knock*

I stand there for a moment before I hear,

"come in," I walk inside the door, I look down at my feet, feeling my face begin to redden. Why am I blushing?

"you ready?" she asks me. I look up towards the stairs of which she is descending.

"wow," I gasp out, my eyes are locked on her as she makes her way down the stairs. I'm speechless.

Her dress wraps around her figure perfectly, her sleeves are white and poofed. She wears a beautiful sky blue dress which dresses over her white under shirt. Its tied together at the sides and is attached to a skirt which reaches just about to her ankles. A silver belt around the middle with berks crest and dragon patterns, patterned all over it. Her hair braided to the side along with another one over the top of her head braided into it. She wears a small spiked headband to hold her hair back.

She looked so beautiful.

"Hiccup why are you drooling?" she asks me, I'm what?

Astrid

I heard three slow knocks coming from my door. It must be him. I called him,

"come in," I hear the door creak open. I look at myself one last time in the mirror. I hope that I look ok.

I begin to walk down the stairs. Hiccups looking down at the floor, red tinting his pale cheeks.

"you ready?" I ask him. He tilts his head up to look at me. I notice that he is wearing his armour, of which I had never seen him in in months. I thought about what had happened, I noticed that he had put this on for me, as he knew how much I loved it.

I looked at his face, he was non-stop staring at me. His face was in awe, his eyes were wide open along with his mouth. I noticed that he was drooling slightly. Oh Hiccup.

"Hiccup why are you drooling?" I ask him curiously, even though I know why.

"you're just so beautiful..." he tells me. I blush and shake my head. He holds his arm out for me to take.

"let's get going m'lady," he says.

"with pleasure," I reply. Thinking about how wonderful tonight is going to be.

HEY GUYS! SORRY IF IT'S BEEN A LONG WAIT, OR IF IT'S TOO SHORT, JUST BEEN RESEARCHING ABOUT VIKINGS AND STUFF AND LIKE THEIR WEDDING SO YEAH, SORRY! I NEED IDEAS ON THE FUTURE OKAY, SO PLEASE PM ME OR COMMENT ON THIS CHAPTER OR THE PREVIOUS AUTHORS NOTE!

ANYWAYS WAS IT GOOD?

BAD?

PLEASE COMMENT, VOTE AND FOLLOW!