Chapter 21: Fishlegs to the rescue!

*unedited*

Hiccup

I was getting worried. I mean Astrid had just left, she was really sick and who knows what could happen to her. I sighed Frustratedly combing my hand through my messy auburn hair.

Did I do something wrong? Is it something I said? Did I not treat her well enough? Love her more than anything in the entire world? Spend more time with her? I then began to pull at my hair.

I was the chief, and even though I had a lot of responsibilities to withhold, I had put them all aside for her, I had spent near every single minute of every single day with her. Was it because I was always there? Or was it because I was never truly her one true love? Did her heart belong to somebody else? And even though it pains me to say it, is it Claud?

Toothless growls at me smoothly. The others just stare at me intently, boring holes into me, hoping that I would be the one with the explanation, as always. But this time I didn't have one. I didn't know what had happened, why this was happening. Even Claud was eying me, maybe because he was just thinking about several ways of torturing me and beating me senseless. But I don't care.

I was litterally pulling my hair out now, wracking my brain. I felt someone's arms around me, sort of soothing me.

"what are we going to do Hiccup?" I shook my head as a tear slips down my cheek dropping onto the ground. I was so stressed and tired.

"I don't know," I say, looking down towards my feet. Everyone gasps faintly, I'm always the man with the plan, but not anymore, not now. I was out of ideas.

"well, why don't we search for Astrid then?" Fishlegs asked. I nod my head, walking towards Toothless. "but not you," he says, I look at him a bit shocked.

"but I have to!" I shout.

"Hiccup, why do you think she left, all sge needs now is a friend, not another problem," he says. I'm rather reluctant but I know that he's right. I nod my head slowly.

"alright," I say, earning another gasp from the others as I normally never give in. "but I'll stay here, in case she comes back,"

"then I'm staying too," Claud says. I nod my head frustratedly, to be honest, he's the last person on earth that I would want to be stuck with. But I guess it can't be helped, I mean look what happened with Snotlout.

"ok then, Snotlout you go search the village, Astrids house, mead hall etc.,"

"wait what does etc. mean?"

"all the other houses, now go!"

"wait am I getting paid for this or..."

"GO!" I shout at him rubbing my forehead.

"Oh we'll go, and when we go me and Hookfang will light the skies on fi-ahhhh!" he says as Hookfang races off, rather unexpectedly for Snotlout.

"Ok now you two go search the beaches and the outskirts of Berk," Fishlegs instructs them gesturing to the twins. They just continue to stare at each other.

"maybe sometime in this century?" Fishlegs says tapping his foot impatiently.

"wait what's a century?" Tuff asks confused.

"it doesn't matter just go!" Fishlegs snaps at them.

"wait were you talking to us?" Ruff asks as confused as Tuff.

"can you just go guys, please?" I say.

"fine!" Ruff submits.

"but there better be Salmon involved, I love salmon!"

"go already!" I shout at them as they hurry off on Barf and Belch.

"right so that leaves me to search the forest then," I nod as he hops on Meatlug.

"find her," I tell him sternly. He nods at me before Meatlug takes off as well heading in the direction of the forest. Please be safe Astrid.

Fishlegs

We scavenge the forest, gliding low beneath the trees. This is one of the advantages of having a dragon with a short wing span.

We stop at every clearing, in hope that she may have stopped somewhere more open and secluded.

We decide to fly a bit higher, just at the peak of the trees, in case we miss something, then we have a wider view of the landscape before us.

As we near another clearing I hear the sound of a faint blood-curdling scream. It sets my teeth on edge as I hear it. Please just be a bird, please just be a bird! I beg in my thoughts. But alas it wasn't. As I near the clearing I see a large blue Nadder, and of course that can only be one Nadder, with the exact same markings that make her unique. Stormfly. Come on I'm the book master, I know everything.

I see a small spec of someone sprawled over the floor as Stormfly squawks desperate for help for her rider. I fly over as fast as I can.

I hop off of Meatlug, first calming the Nadder down before checking on Astrid, it may just make it worse for Astrid, due to the stress. I notice that Astrid is unconscious lain in a pool of blood around her legs and bottom area. Her leggings are soaked in blood, but I have t idea where it has come from, she has no open wound, unless...

"come on Meatlug girl, we need to her her to Gothi!" let's hope it's not what I think it is, as it may not be just Astrids life that's in danger...

HEY GUYS! I ACTUALLY WROTE THIS CHAPTER RIGHT AFTER THE PREVIOUS ONE SO THAT I DIDN'T LOSE THE MOMENT BUT I THINK THERES A LITTLE HINT IN THERE SOME WHERE...
THE TITLE OF THE CHAPTER WAS INSPIRED BY HiccupsAngel FROM A COMMENT!
ANYWAYS WAS IT GOOD?
BAD?
I WILL UPDATE SOON!
PLEASE COMMENT, VOTE AND FOLLOW!