Chapter 6: prepared

*unedited*

WARNING: MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!

Hiccup

Today's the day I will no longer be alone. Today's the day I give all of my love and devotion to Merida. Oh how I wish Astrid was here... at that a tear slips down my cheek which I quickly wipe away. I'm supposed to be happy, but I know I never will.

"Oh Hiccup..." my mother says in awe coming up behind me as I look in the mirror. "You look... like your father..." she said at the last bit her head drooped but she quickly lifted it back up again. I gave her an uneasy smile. This was supposed to be for Astrid.

I wore the same armour of which we had made so many memories in. The time I lost my father was one of them. She loved this armour, she would joke around pushing the spring coil which would cause my back fin to pop out, she would laugh. I missed those moments so much.

Her laugh of which I will never hear again, her smile causing butterflies to flutter in my stomach and... those beautiful, mesmerising sea blue eyes, of which I would get lost in. A tear escaped my eye again as my mother turned me around to face her.

She lifted my head up and gazed into my eyes.

"they will always be in here..." she said holding her hand to my chest. That just made it worse, one of my memories of Astrid.
"so what should we name it?" I asked Toothless looking over to him, head stuffed in his armpit. "itchy armpit it is!" I say writing down the name on my map and beginning to draw the new discovered land in front of me. I begin to speak to him,
"so what you say bud just keep going?" (a/n I know left some out sorry!) he warbled at me as I heard the familiar sound of a Nadders wings brushing through the wind with the familiar squawk of Stormfly. I turn around to the most beautiful girl who ever lived. Astrid.
"Hello m'lady, where have you been?" I ask her, starting up the conversation.
"winning races what else..." she chuckles and smirks, "the question is where have you been?" My smile turns into a frown, as she sits next to me grabbing the piece of charcoal out of my hand and beginning to draw.
"avoiding my dad!" I exclaim.
"oh no what did he do now?" she asks me.
"oh you're gonna, you're gonna love this!" I say as she draws "I wake up the sun is shining, Terrible Terrors are singing on the rooftops, I saunter down to breakfast thinking all is right with the world and I get 'son we need to talk-" I mimic my dad. I put my hand up to speak again but she cuts in.
"not now dad I've got a whole day of goofing off to get started!" she jokes mimicking me and shaking her shoulders. I laugh shaking my head,
"w-wha, ok, first of all I-I don't sound like that, who, what is that character? A-and second? w-what is that thing you're doing with my shoulders?" I ask as she shows off, shaking them again. "yeah, oh, a-a truly flattering impersonation. Anyway he goes 'you're the pride of Berk son and I couldn't be prouder," I say impersonating him thumping my chest she buts in again,
"ah thanks dad, I'm pretty impressed with myself too!" she jokes again waving her arms around.
"w-when have I ever done that with my hands?" I ask laughing at her cuteness. I don't notice that I'm doing it with my hands right now.
"you just did!" she says grinning and pointing at me knowing that I've been defeated.
"oh arghh ok, J-just hold still, this is serious"  I try to say in a serious tone, holding onto her all-over-the-place arms but she just gives me a small funny pout whilst nodding. I just shake my head chuckling. She's so cute.
"you're all grown up," I continue "and since no chief could ask for a better successor I've decided-" I say impersonating him again. She buts in again standing up.
"to make you chief!" she shouts excitedly "Oh my God! Hiccup thats amazing!" she punches me hard in the spring coil. I wind it down explaining to her about why she shouldn't do that. She just chuckles nodding her head. At that Stormfly and Toothless race around bumping into us knocking us over. Astrid lands on top of me. Well this is awkward. She quickly gets up helping me up too. We begin to brush ourselves off as I speak up again.
"yeah, so, this is what I'm dealing with..."
"what did you tell him?" she asks interestedly.
"I-I didn't, by the time he turned around I was gone," I reply.
"ahhh, well" she began "it's a lot of responsibility, the map will have to wait for sure, and I'll have to fly Toothless seeing as you'll be too busy but-" she turned around to face me.
"It's not me Astrid, all those speeches, the planning, and running the village th-that's his thing," I say making certain movements with my hands gesturing to him.
"I think you're missing the point, I mean chief what an honor! I'd be pretty excited! " she says.
"I'm not like you," I tell her "you, you, know exactly who you are, always have, but I'm still looking," I sigh picking up my helmet "I know that I'm not my father, and I've never met my mother, so what does that make me?" I walk back over to the map and sit down. She sits down next to me playing with a braid she made as she began to speak,
"What you're searching for isn't out there Hiccup..." she said gesturing to the rest of the world in front of us. "it's in here..." she says putting her hand on my chest. I give her a smile, wishing that this moment could last forever.

end of flashback

"Hiccup?! Hiccup?!" my mother said shaking me violently.

"w-what?"

"you completely zoned out for like 10 minutes!" really? I just can't help but think about her. I twiddle my braid. My mother just sighed. "c'mon let's get ready," she says as I just silently nod. What I would do for you to be here with me Astrid Hofferson...

HEY GUYS! A LITTLE MEMOIR... LOVE THAT SCENE!
I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO GIVE A SHOUT OUT TO sucywrites SHE IS AMAZING AND HAS WRITTEN A REALLY GOOD BOOK! SERIOUSLY A REAL PAGE TURNER! HICCSTRID TOO! YOU SHOULD GO FOLLOW HER RIGHT NOW! TRUST ME YOU WONT REGRET IT! ANYWAYS WAS IT GOOD?
BAD?
WILL ASTRID MAKE IT IN TIME?
PLEASE COMMENT, VOTE AND FOLLOW!