Chapter 33: tests

*unedited*

Astrid

"Is it going to hurt?" I say, looking at the giant needle before me. Forget needle it looked more like a drill.

"yeah Gothi, are you sure that's necessary?" Hiccup says, gripping my hand tightly, it was as if he was going to have this giant thing plunged into his stomach!

Gothi let out a frustrated huff, drawing something onto the ground with her staff.

"it's the only way..." Hiccup reads her scribbles, I will never understand how he does that.

Yes we were now in Gothi's hut, she had taken some of Clauds blood, Hiccups blood (just in case), and some of Dagurs blood of which we found off of an axe, at least we think it's his blood. Hiccup didn't really have to go through what I'm about to, he only had to have a tiny needle in the arm and that's it, no biggy, but me, phwar, it was going to be far worse.

I sighed, scrunching my eyes shut, "just get it over with!" I say holding onto Hiccups hand tightly. I feel the drill-needle inches away from my stomach but then comes the feeling of Hiccups hand going limp.

I open my eyes slightly looking over to Hiccup, you've got to be kidding me, he fainted! Right when I need him! I'm the one who's got to have this thing stuck in me and he faints! God's, look what I've got for a husband! But then that's why I love him so much.

Gothi looks over to Hiccup and then to me. I nod my head to her signalling to make it quick, she nods as I scrunch my eyes tightly closed again.

"argh!" I say wriggling uncomfortably as I feel the most terrible, searing pain in my abdomen, one of which I had never felt in my entire life. I moaned and groaned as I felt it go in deeper. I wanted to scream, but I couldn't so I just gritted my teeth instead, gripping Hiccups limp hand tightly. Moments later and the pain is gone. I squint my eyes open.

Gothi nods at me, her bottle full of blood. I try to force a smile, but I feel too weak. Gothi places a wet cloth on my head, I look over to Hiccup who's holding his head.

"What did I miss?" he says, I just roll my eyes.

Hiccup

I rub my now sore head looking at Astrid, she seems pale and has a wet compress covering her forehead. Her hand still clenching mine.

"what did I miss?" I say getting up, as I sway slightly due to being dizzy. I rub my forehead again trying to steady myself. She rolls her eyes. "what?" I say, as she releases my now purple hand. Really I missed it? I'm never going to hear the end of this.

She got up and whacked me round the head.

"ow!" I said rubbing my head again.

"how could you faint in my time of need?!" she exclaims throwing her arms everywhere.

"force of habit?" I shrug and smirk, earning me a punch in the stomach. "seriously? Again!" I groan holding my stomach. She just shrugs, smirking, mimicking what I did to her. "come 'ere you!" I say letting go of my bruised up stomach and pulling her in for a passionate kiss.

We break apart due to a,

"ahem!" from the other side of the room.

"oh.. er, s-sorry Gothi," I say scratching the back of my head. She shakes her head, tutting, as in saying 'get a room' and gets back to her work. "we'll continue it later," I grin at Astrid, she thumps me in the stomach as Gothi turns back to us, glaring at me. I put my hands up in defence. So sensitive.

Astrid

Why is Hiccup being such a goofball, I thump him in the stomach once again as Gothi turns around, eyeing him carefully. I shake my head. Oh Hiccup.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I stroked my stomach worriedly, what if it went wrong? What if it killed the baby? What if it is Dagurs? What if-

"Hey, hey, don't worry!" Hiccup says, looking at my daunted expression. I nod my head as he reassuringly strokes my shoulders, I sigh contentedly.

"I can't help it," I say, drawing circles on his chest. Hiccup lifts my head up kissing my forehead and stroking my back slowly.

"everything will be fine, I won't let anything happen to you, I promise," he says, holding me close.

"ahem!" Gothi says standing at the foot of the bed. Is it too much to ask for some privacy?

She begins to draw on the ground again, I can see what looks like waves, a yak and a cloud.

"she says she's got the results,"

"and?!" I say.

"and-"

Just then the moment is wrecked once again.

"Hiccup we're under attack!" Valka says rushing in.

"by who?" Hiccup says, jumping off of the bed.

"Dagur..."

"that low-life, son of a hathrow-"

"Hiccup, please, we need to-"

"one more thing," Valka interrupts me, "he's here for Astrid..."

HEY GUYS! AM I GETTING WORSE? I THINK I'M GETTING WORSE! IS IT STILL OK? I'M REALLY NOT SURE!

ALSO DO YOU GUYS WANT ANOTHER BOOK? I DON'T BLAME YOU IF YOU DON'T...

ANYWAYS, WAS IT GOOD?

BAD?

PLEASE COMMENT, VOTE AND FOLLOW!