Dotsuku × Reader: Good dog

Being a therapist for children was tough yet rewarding.
Those small faces all held some sort of darkness that went away after being helped by their therapist.
(Y/n) was that therapist.
She has seen all kinds of cases, each case shatters her heart over and over.
But she keeps on her job, she has to help them.

The only relief from her job was to speak to her soul mate through their bond, all she had to do was to pour her thoughts out and he would respond.
The (h/c) haired female could not help but smile, her soul mate's voice sounded a bit like a dog's.
He seemed to be a good and strong man, he told her that he worked at a preschool and the people there loved him.
(Y/n) would smile when they talked, her worries melting away with his voice.

'(Y/n), I am afraid I'll have to take my daughter to a therapist. She has been having nightmares from her trauma.'

(Y/n)'s heart almost stopped, did he not wait for her to connect and already marry?
That worried her, she has heard of people doing that and it always ended badly.

'I hope she is okay.'
'She'll be fine as long as we find a good one. I already found a highly recommended one.'
'If he's highly recommended, then she will be in good hands Dotsuku.'

(Y/n) was in her office when the receptionist buzzed her to come to the front, a new patient and her father were waiting.
When the woman got up there, she saw a man who honestly looked like a dog and a little girl clinging onto him.
The woman smiled and greeted the child.
"Hello there, I'm Dr. (L/n). I will help you with whatever is bothering you.", (y/n) spoke gently to the girl who looked vastly different then the man.
She looked to the father and he had a surprised look on his face.

"I'll take good care of your daughter.", (y/n) said to the man after bringing them back to her office and let the girl play with some of the toys she had in a bin.
He nodded, "Adopted daughter. I took her in after saving her from a sick man she was sold to."
Those words made the (e/c) eyed woman's heart break, the dog looking man saw it in her face.
"May I have your name to put into her file?", (y/n) asked.
"Michio Tsukui", he replied.
His blue-green eyes held with her (e/c) ones as he spoke.

The woman put her pen down and sighed, She turned around in her chair to face away from him.
'Your name is familiar.'
"How is my name familiar to you?", Michio asked and (y/n) turned around to face him.

'It is my soulmate's'

The dog looking man's face went from surprised to lit up in a smile after seeing her lips not move.
"You are my soulmate.", He said with a big smile on his face, the little girl looked between them.
"Papa? This is Mama?", she asked and Michio nodded.

A few months later the three were living together.
(Y/n) was helping their daughter with her art project as Michio cooked dinner.
He looked back at them with a smile on his face.
His wife looked up and smiled back, "good dog Dotsuku. Good dog."
Michio's ears wiggled happily, he did not care for the nickname but he could never hate his wife.