Atsushi × Reader: Paws-itively perfect

(Y/n) bounced around town with her little skipping steps, ever so happy and free.
Her hair bounced after her lightly in the ponytail she had it pulled back into.
A smile was on her lips as she hummed, it was another beautiful day and it was oddly quiet and peaceful.

She had been born to a well-to-do family. She did not really have to worry about much.
She however often thought about her soulmate and his situation. Was he a pampered puss like her or an alley cat?
The female hopped up onto a small brick wall and balance walked across it.
Her soulmate marker was some tiger stripes that she had on her body, she had gained the nickname tiger cub and a love of cats from this.
Cat puns were a specialty of hers.
(Y/n) giggled to herself when she jumped down from the wall and kept skipping forward, back to her home after going for a nice walk.

A bit of silver caught her eye as a young man walked by with two older males, the young woman turned to look at him.
He was walking away from her, all she could See was his back.
She huffed and turned to follow, her curiosity got the better of her.
Silently following, she found that they were heading to a building away from the crowded normal streets. This intrigued her more, a mysterious young man who caught her attention and now he was going to this mysterious place?
The female quickly hid as one of the males that was with the young man tuned around to look behind them.
"I could have sworn I saw someone following us.", she heard the guy say and another one scold him.
Finally satisfied with seeing them go inside, she went home and scribbled down what she did in her cat journal.

-

Atsushi yawned as he filled out his work.
It had been a week since Dazai first said that someone seemed to be following him.
This whole stalker ordeal had him a bit worried since he could be a target for assassination now.
But something else was bothering him, a pull like a magnet. A pull that was telling him to go outside of his work and look for what was drawing him in.
This feeling made him seem incomplete, like he wanted to find his other half and be whole once again.

"Atsushi-kun~ is something on your mind?", The voice of Dazai asked as the young man turned to face the brunet, "Is it your stalker?"
The silver haired young man sighed as his older coworker chuckled with a grin on his face.
"Dazai-san, I don't really want to talk about this.", Atsushi said and continued to working on his assigned work.
"You look really stressed Atsushi-kun.", Dazai continued, "Are you sure you don't want to talk about it? Perhaps Kunikida-kun would let his soulmate speak to you?"
"Leave my fiancée out of this.", The blond man piped up and went back to work.
The silver haired young man rubbed his eyes, he had been through hell after joining this detective agency. He was tired, he wanted a little bit of peace.
So much sadness and heartache, he wanted happiness that not even his favorite food could bring.

The young man fell down on his desk from being so tired.
Kunikida looked up from his laptop, "Are you okay Atsushi?"
"I am fine, just tired.", the silver haired male said and kept his head on the desk.
The green eyed male looked at the clock, "It is almost time to go home. You're done for the day, so I'd say it would be safe to let you go home."
"Thank you kunikida-san.", the young man said and got up.
Atsushi turned in the paperwork and grabbed his bag to go home.
"Look out for your stalker.", Dazai teased.
"See you tomorrow.", Kunikida said with a small wave, "And make sure to get some rest."

Atsushi started the long trek back to his apartment, he yawned again but stopped when he heard soft padding of feet other than his own.
He was being followed.
The silver haired male sped up and found whoever was following him was keeping pace.
His mind started racing, who was it?
Port mafia?
Someone else who would want to experiment on him or kill him?
He stopped and turned around, he saw some people on the street.
One in particular caught his attention, a young woman with (h/c) hair and (e/c) eyes. She has some tiger like stripes on her arms.
She seemed to be startled by Atsushi suddenly turning around, the male shook his head.
His tiredness must be fueling his paranoia.

He turned back to keep walking.
Finally he was near his apartment, not many people were nearby.
His paranoia still burned as he felt someone following him.
Knowing he was probably safe to, he let himself turn into his were-tiger self and turn back to his stalker.
The same you woman as before.
She had fallen on her butt and was staring up at Atsushi in a mix of awe and fear.
Atsushi took a step back, he showed his power to a random stranger, he scared this girl.
"S-sorry.", Atsushi quickly apologized and turned back to normal.

"That... was AWESOME!", the young woman said and grabbed Atsushi by the hand, "My name is (y/n)! I'm sorry but I have been following you for a while because I was so curious and a bit afraid to go up and talk to you."
Atsushi was surprised by her reaction, more so by the words.
"You were following me? Why?", the silver haired male asked.
"I don't know, maybe because I sensed something pawsome about you! And I'm not kitten!", (y/n) said while throwing in cat puns.
Atsushi did not really know how to handle her, she was so happy and boisterous.
"Listen, I'm tired. I need some sleep.", Atsushi said with a yawn, "We can talk tomorrow."
(Y/n) watched the male pick up his bag and walk to the apartment complex, "Hey! What's your name?"
"Atsushi, just call me that please.", The male replied and walked to his apartment.
He walked in his apartment and went right to bed, he was too tired to eat anything.

Next morning he awoke very refreshed, he felt well rested and ready to work again.
He quickly got ready and grabbed his bag.
He jumped after exiting his door, (y/n) was outside and waiting for him.
"(Y/n)-chan. Please don't scare me like that.", the silver haired male said, "But why are you here?"
"You said we could talk today.", The female responded, "so I got up early this meow-ning to come see you."
"Why the obsession with cat puns?", Atsushi asked and walked towards the office.
"I was born with tiger stripes, take a guess.", the female replied, "Youou have some too."
The male looked at his arm, she was right. Light tiger stripes that matched hers.

"Can I touch one of your tiger paws?", (y/n) asked, "They look so cool!"
"I don't think that is a good idea.", Atsushi replied, "bad things have happened in those paws."
"You don't look like a bad tomcat.", the (h/c) haired female replied, "Ice think you're quite handsome!"
The male looked away from her, "I guess you're cute too."
The young woman took his hand and squeezed it.
"Why are you being like this? We met last night, I almost attacked you last night.", the young man asked.
"I don't know.", his new walking companion answered, "I like you though, you're nice and handsome. And cute, and a tiger."

"I'm dangerous.", Atsushi said, "I don't want you to get hurt, even if you are someone I just met."
(Y/n) smiled and looked into his eyes, she felt a spark hit her chest.
"I don't think we have to worry about that.", she giggled, "We can get to know each other better."
"But you could still be in danger,", Atsushi said completely worried about his new friend's health, "We should probably not meet up much."
"Atsushi. I think we're meant to be together.", (y/n) said, "My soulmate."
The silver haired male stopped and went silent, his wish for his soulmate came true.
Her hand was holding his paw.
He must have unintentionally turned his hand into a tiger's paw after she told him she was his soulmate.

Atsushi let her hold the tiger paw for a while and felt her play with the paw pads.
"So soft.", (y/n) giggled.
He groaned when he saw someone familiar walk up, "Atsushi-kun~ who's this pretty girl?"
"My soulmate.", Atsushi found himself saying automatically.
Dazai had a grin on his face, "Aren't you two adorable?"
(Y/n) hugged Atsushi and grinned, "He's paws-itively Purr-fect!"