Eiji × Reader: rendezvous at the diner

It was late after (y/n) clocked out of her job.
The life of a office worker was not that glamorous, but it paid the bills.
Her boss and male coworkers were pigs, she was harassed for being one of the few female workers.
If she found a better place to work, she would gladly work there and quit her current job.
The (h/c) haired female made her way to the diner she had found before, a small but pleasant one that had a cute soulmate couple working there.
The girl was cute, her soulmate was handsome yet a bit creepy.
Both had a bunny mark on their arms.

(Y/n) walked in and sat at the table she regularly went to, she looked down at her wrist and ran her fingers lightly over the name.
Eiji Kashii.
She smiled a little and wondered who he was.
Was he handsome? Was he nice?
Her thoughts were interrupted by the girl with the bunny mark asking for her orders, the (h/c) haired female told her that she would have her regular.
She had been there enough that they knew what she wanted.
The bunny girl gave her a grin and a nod before heading back to kitchen.

Eiji sighed as he walked the streets, his long brown hair followed him like a cape.
Once again, he had been successful in a mission.
Now he was hungry.
He walked to the diner he had found before, a place that had good reviews and a history of having soulmates coming together there.
The small diner staff joked that their diner drew in soulmates that would otherwise never meet, Eiji did feel a pull to go there but never saw his soulmate.
The bells on the door jingled as he walked in and the staff greeted him warmly, the building had a friendly and safe energy to it.

The male noticed a woman eating alone, he had seen her several times there.
A waitress greeted him when he sat down to order, "Seems like you two always arrive at the same time."
"Hmm.", Eiji replied and looked at the menu.
"Let me guess, same as usual?", the cheerful waitress asked.
The tanned man closed the booklet and nodded, the young woman took it from him and walked away.
The Grey eyed male watched the (h/c) haired female before he realized he was staring, he quickly looked down at his hands before she could catch him staring.

(Y/n) could feel someone staring at her, she looked around the diner to see who it was.
She did not see anyone looking at her.
But she did lay her eyes on a handsome man who looked to be in a matador outfit, he was very handsome.
She felt a slight warmth crawl across her cheeks and looked away, she had seen someone who looked like he could either woo or kill her or even both if her wanted to.
The waitress came back with her bill and thanked her for her patronage, the (e/c) eyed female smiled and thanked the girl for her service.
The (h/c) haired female left and felt that she was being watched again.

For a few weeks, the game played on.
She went to the diner, she was watched, she watched regulars and she would go home after eating.
That was until she finally found a job away from that area of town.
Even though she loved that diner, being near a zodiac area was scary.
You never know who you would encounter.
A few weeks became two months.
The female found herself walking near the diner on the weekend, she saw the building and felt a pulling to go inside.

She walked in and was greeted by the creepy rabbit man, his soulmate waved at her from further back in the diner.
He did not really work there but seemed to be there just as a violence deterrent, a bouncer.
She smiled at the man whose name tag read 'usagi' and walked to her usual seat, the waitress walked right up to her cheerfully.
"I'll get your usual right away.", the young lady chirped.
"Actually, I'd like to try something new.", the (h/c) haired female said with a smile.
The waitress nodded and got her pen out, "What will it be?"
(Y/n) looked at where the man in the matador outfit usually sat, "I'd like to try what the gentleman in the matador outfit and bull horns has usually."
The waitress smiled, "right away."

(Y/n) heard the jingle of the bells as the door opened again, the sound of the creepy rabbit man's voice was followed by an annoyed sigh.
She looked back to see the matador was looking at the bunny man with great displeasure on his face, he seemed to know the white haired fellow.
'Usagi' only made his usual laughs and vocalizations as the horned matador walked to his usual seating.
It was not long before the waitress came back with her order before walking to the matador, (y/n) was not one to usually eavesdrop but she could not help it now.

"Your dining friend has come back.", the waitress commented to the matador.
He looked back and saw the (h/c) haired female looking at him, he turned back to the waitress.
"Now what would you like?", the waitress asked.
"Her usual.", he responded, "I feel a bit adventurous today."
"She said something similar and ordered your usual.", the bunny waitress giggled and took his order to the back so the cook could prepare it.
The brunet man looked back at the (h/c) haired female, "Where did you go?"
"Moved to a new job, did you miss me?", she replied with a little teasing added.
"Yes oddly enough.", the man replied and turned to look at the table he sat at.
(Y/n) chuckled and turned back to her table then heard him add, "Did you miss me?"

She looked back at him, his grey eyes regarded her with curiosity.
"Yes.", the female responded, "it's odd. I grew attached to you and eating with you but never caught your name."
She turned to look at her wrist.
"Eiji."
She looked back at him, "Excuse me?"
"My name. Eiji Kashii.", the man replied.
(Y/n) was stunned for a bit before showing him her wrist, "Is this how you spell it?"
He looked and was surprised to see his name clearly written in his handwriting on her wrist, he rolled up his sleeve and showed her his wrist, "Is this your name?"
She looked and saw (y/n) (l/n) written out in her handwriting on his wrist, "yes. That is."
Both of them heard an "aaaah~" and turned around to see the bunny man staring at them with his soulmate bringing out their meals.
Eiji looked unamused about the man watching them.
"Sorry about Usagi.", the female apologized to the couple and saw their names on each others wrists, "looks like the diner's reputation for bringing soulmates together is sound."

(Y/n) nodded and moved to sit with Eiji at his table, "I guess it is."
The brunet man smiled a little at his new soulmate.
It was just as the stories said, they just felt right with each other.
They were made for each other.
And it was because of this diner that they found each other.

The rendezvous.