eight

“Hey, Chaeyeon. Wanna hang out later with us?” Hyewon said, her mouth full of cupcake. Eunbi playfully slapped her arm and scolded her.

The ash blonde haired girl hummed. “I dont know... I need to babysit, Nako.” She replied before turning her attention on the book again.

She heard Yena snickered beside her. “Pshh! It's been more than a month or two since you worked there and we havent hung out for a while! Is Nako more important than us?” Her friend sadly asked, leaning her head closer to Chaeyeon.

“In a time like this? Yes. I need money, you cant provide me shelter and food.” She answered flicked Yena's forehead.

The younger girl rubbed her forehead and growled at her. “Ugh, I swear Lee Chaeyeon.” She whined and comtinued eating her lunch with a grumpy expression.

Minjoo laughed because of Yena's face and almost choked on her juice.

The oldest among them, Eunbi spoke. “I really want to hang out now because for sure when Saturday comes, Soonyoung will borrow some money from me again.” She said while writing down some notes.

Chaewon turned to the reading ash blonde haired girl. “I'm sure Sakura wont mind you being late at your work. Jinsoul can take care of Nako for the meantime.” She said and took out her phone, ready to call the woman.

Chaeyeon looked at her in horror and tried to get the phone from the shorter girl. “Noooo!” She shouted, earning attention from the students who's also in the cafeteria.

Minjoo looked at her, weirdly. “Woah, Chaeyeon. When did you ever loved your job? You will kill for a day-off.” She remarked before snorting.

Chaeyeon awkwardly laughed before looking at Eunbi. She narrowed her eyes on her which means help. But the older girl just shrugged.

She then turned to Chaewon who's also looking at her suspiciously, and her brow was arched. “Uhhh... It's e-embarrassing if i will request some few hours. I-I dont want S-Sakura to think that i'm d-ditching my job and just taking a-advantage of her kindness! Yeah, t-thats it...” She said, rubbing her nape awkwardly.

“Sakura isnt the kind of person who judges people easily by just doing a small thing, Chaeyeon. I swear she will understand. Besides, i'm the one who will request though, why so nervous?” Chaewon said before slowly putting down her phone.

Before Chaeyeon can respond, Yena spoke. “Yeah! It's so weird seeing you act like this Chaeyeon. And is this Sakura, your boss? Why do you look like you're afraid of her? As what Chaewon said earlier, she doesnt look like she's scary at all.” She asked, before putting a spoonful of rice on her mouth.

The ash blonde haired girl scoffed. “She's a CEO of an Airline, Choi Yena.”

Her friend squinted eyes on her. “I know. But she's not the one you're babysitting though.”

“It's her daughter, fool.”

“Dont glare at me like that! One more and i'll think that you're ditching us for her!” Yena yelled, raising her chin up.

Chaeyeon blushed but immediately recovered. “It's n-not like that! I-I dont want to lose this job! The pay is high and there's free food.” She reasoned.

Yena made a face and Eunbi smirked.

“Or you dont wanna lose her.” The oldest whispered suddenly and all of the girls in the table turned their heads in her.

Chaeyeon looked at her with wide eyes while the others was confused. Eunbi pursed her lips and mentally facepalmed.

“What do you mean? Who are you taking about?” Hyewon asked, while munching some chips. Minjoo and Yena looked at each other and blinked.