twenty one

Bold means Japanese

-

Three months had passed.

Chaeyeon uncomfortably and nervously shifted into her seat, waiting for her name to be called. Chaewon was beside her, looking calm and collected as ever, patted her thigh to comfort her even a bit. The gesture made her feel at ease a bit.

After two years of working and thriving hard alone, she's finally graduating from high school. Well, there's still college, but school isnt her priority for now. Aside of being a babysitter to Nako, she will find another job so she can atleast, support her sisters that's living on Japan and when she's stable enough, there's when she's going to continue studying again. Her decision is already firm.

For the past three months, fortunately, everything went smooth. The blooming friendship especially. Their bond is better than ever. They sometimes hung out atleast once a week, and they're super close to each other now. Wonyoung's always consider herself as one of the baby line with Nako and Hitomi, whining whenever Yujin teases her that her height dont match the standards of a literal baby, but nonetheless, Eunbi always treats and sees her one.

“Lee Chaeyeon, the top one achiever of the batch!”

With that, Chaeyeon literally jumped into her seat, fidgeting as she walked up to the stage. She can still hear Chaewon and Minjoo's cheers from the distance, making her more tensed. She hates the attention she's getting, almost of the people attended gave her a big applause.

Slowly and carefully, she went up to the stage, she couldnt afford tripping infront of hundreds audience. The professors, and dean are smiling at her very brightly.

They gave her the diploma and a handshake before gesturing her to go near the mic and deliver her speech.

She then finally stood in the middle, a mic was placed near her lips. Her pupils were shaking as she strolled her eyes around the venue, too many people but nevertheless, she started.

“Hello, i'm Lee Chaeyeon. Uhh, i may be the said top 1 of the batch but i'm not really good at speaking i-infront of this many p-people,” She started with a bow after her introduction. She heard a few chuckle lingered.

Her mind suddenly went to her hardships and smiled before continuing. “I... I'm just your typical student. I just study and work harder than anyone because i'm only a scholar, i came from a average family but, unfortunately, we werent in a good terms until today. And luckily, i have a job that let me eat three times a day and pay my apartment rent, and oh, especially to my idiot friends. They went through with me, they didnt let me feel left out or lonely, they're the best. I'm grateful. Oi, you five, i love you! Thanks for lending me money, bed, and clothes when i'm really near my downfall. Ahh, hahaha! Sorry, i just really want to thank my friends, they're also the main reason why i'am here and not giving up at all even if my situation is like this,” She paused, holding back her tears. This speech is getting emotional but she needed to atleast thank them for everything. It's like her departure speech or something and it's just the start of the speech for god's sake.

From afar, she can see Yena and Eunbi weeping like babies. Minjoo is sobbing a bit with a smile plastered on her lips while Chaewon, she's just smirking but the glimmer on her eyes were visible then Hyewon, she's nodding along with her and would constantly laugh at the two cry babies.

Huh, they're really emotional. I just said a few sentences about thanking them and theyre already weeping on the floor... What else if u would suddenly leave? Yena would wail until tomorrow

Smiling at their reactions, she went on, she wanted to end this as soon as possible. “I also wanted to thank my professors for teaching me well, and, erhm.. Letting me pass when i'm late for their subjects. And for the scholar students like me or not, who felt like giving up. Dont. Just anticipate each day, who knows? You might get lucky, stumble upon something or someone that will make you happy,” Like what happened to me, thank you Chaewon xoxo. “You cant be successful if you would just be lazy and have this negative mindset, nothing will happen. I almost gave up many times, in despair that why my family did this to me. But if i wont do anything, i wont survive, i also cant face them since i'm only a failure. But now, i got something to boast on, thanks to this, i gathered confidence to present myself, that i'm worthy and survived without their support and all. To my schoolmates who's in bad terms with their family, dont rebel, understand them and parents, vice versa. But in that field, i'm unlucky. Mentioning that, i also wanted to thank my sisters who werent able to attend since they were also my big inspiration. Ey, lets not make my speech longer shall we?” She shrugged off the topic. The audience were intently listening to her words.