Prologue

Sasha and I were running as fast as our legs could carry us. We both glanced at each other until we just had to stop.

"How long until we stop, you know, running away?". I shrug. Just until we get ourselves a new home or something like that.

I threw a rock through the bush as the flashback withered away into nothing. When we were first friends, we made a solemn promise to stick together always. I didn't think I'd lose her at 7 years old. But I have. I've been betrayed. I glance up at the tree covered sky. It was a good thing I managed to earn my forest survival badge in girl scouts. A chilly breeze blows, although I don't feel the cold. Maybe that's the effect of eating raw berries for the past how many hours. Or days.

I perked up when I heard rustling. Someone was around here.

"Help!" I screamed. The rustling stopped. If this person can safely get me out of here, I may be able to have my favourite cheeseburger. The one where melting cheese hangs out of your mouth as you bite into the thick burger and...

"Just come here please!" I cried. It seems that thinking about cheeseburger made me more desperate. There was silence. Then, this 'person' gasped and there was a whipping sound, causing me to screech and throw myself to the floor. Then I saw who this person was. It wasn't someone I knew, but she looked so alike to me. The girl raked her hand through her platinum blonde hair and put on smug grin. I turn behind me to see a deer on its side with an arrow sticking out of the other side. Although a shiver ran down my spine at the sight of it, I couldn't help thinking that it would finally be my first meaty food in what seems like ages. As soon as I glance back up at the girl, she had bright blue eyes staring intensely in mine.

"You know that's mine." she snarled.

"It may not be." I answered back. We just stayed in the same positions for about 3 seconds before she shot right past me, grabbing the deer along with her. I ran after her, desperate to at least share with her.

"Please stop!". The girl continued to run away, like she couldn't afford to share.

"Please!". But then, the space around me warbled, causing me to fall to the ground. As soon as I looked up again, the sky has turned orange, the landscape turned a mountain area and two strong arms has lifted me from the floor, before I passed out.