Surprise, Suprise

My first night in the palace was amazing. Since I couldn't sleep, I looked out to see the sky. The stars out there were beautiful. Sparkling. Sorrow then struck me as this activity reminded of my family back home. Well, my foster family. I remembered my foster mother, Jennette and my 5 year old sis, Vicky. Well, Vicky was such a tell-tale all the time and Jennette always believed her. Of course, that meant I was always in trouble. Yeah, now I didn't miss them.

"Beautiful, isn't it?". The voice scared the life out of me. I find out that it was just the Queen in a worn-out nightgown. Who knew a Queen could be as relaxed as this?

"I-it's great!" I stammer, still recovering from the shock.

"If only my sisters could see this." she sighs pitifully. We stand in silence for minutes. To me, it felt like hours.

"So," I mumble. " What does a princess do everyday? Or like, tomorrow?".

"Oh yeah, you have training tomorrow morning, so be up as early as you can.". More shock returns again. Training leads to swords. Swords leads to fight. Fight leads to battles. Battles leads to death. The thought of death makes my head go heavy. When I turn round, Mother's gone already. I guess I didn't have a choice. It's now training for tomorrow. Yep.

"Wakey, wakey!". I found myself stirred from my sleep by a voice that certainly belonged to Kloe. Then I quickly realised that training was this morning.

"What's the time?"

"5 o'clock.". I open my eyes as wide as possible before making an attempt to move out.

It was a good thing they somehow had a shower here. I cleaned myself as quick as possible. Why didn't I train in the fire place?

As soon as I ran to the closet, I was deeply disappointed. Just dresses.

"You can't train in a dress, can you?" I sigh. Kloe shrugs before searching for more suitable clothes. In the end, I find myself wearing a white tank top with grey jogging trousers. I was grateful to also find some sneakers that were my size.

Kloe continues to pull me excitedly to the training room.

"I saw real hot men with a-"

"Don't care!" I groan. But she decides to resume her gross sentence. We go down another maze of corridors that supposedly led to the training room. It'd be a miracle if I could find my way round this castle.

We soon find ourselves in front of a door made out of white ice. Kloe, who was probably stuck with boy fever, pushes the doors wide open. I've actually never seen the Chesire Cat grin as wide as Kloe right now.

The sound of sword clashing rushes into my ears as we enter. There's also agonised shouts from some fighting ring as three men perform hand-to-hand combat on each other. I just couldn't carry on looking at it, so I was thankful when someone called my name.

"Are you Princess Mora?" the tall, slender girl asked.

"Sure.". She snorted as if I said something stupid.

"I'm Midia, top female trainer and Alpha's best friend!" she addressed herself. I knew that by the sound of it, she was not pleased with my act for Alpha at the banquet.

"Look, I'm sorry about Alpha a-".

"Shush. It. Princesses don't make silly apologies like that. If I had a choice, I'd make myself princess instead of you. You'll be a drag for us. Let's get on with it now." she snarled.

Suprise, suprise.