Ruined

By the time Elsa saw Vicky, she hid, but Vicky caught sight of me.

"JESSICA!" she cheered, coming over to hug me tight. She kissed me all over the face while I tried wiping it all off. Time has certainly passed here a lot while I was gone. Vicky looked fifteen now, not seven or eight. I looked at myself. I looked 17. Vicky then began to pull me inside. The house has also changed. It was a lot cleaner than before and there were some new furniture. But what made the biggest difference was that there was a picture of us. Me. Mum. Vicky. Dad? He was in the picture. I thought mum said she was going to destroy all the pictures of him. Wait. That meant...

"Darling, you're back!" I heard mum exclaim. She has started to wrinkle a bit. She's getting older. Then there's crying from upstairs. It's a baby's cry.

"Don't just stand there, Victoria! Go get Tiger!" she snaps. "Don't forget to wash your hands first!".

"Tiger?"

"Oh yes. Sit dear. We've got so much to talk about. You see, when you disappeared, your father returned.". I almost choked. Mum then stands and enters the kitchen, returning with two mugs of tea.

"He felt bad and so, we went for another kid, you know. Vicky was lonely, the house was too silent."

"So, you were trying to replace me?"

"No, no! It's not like that!" mum cries. Vicky comes down right at that moment with a small, plump baby boy in her arms. She walks over and hands him to me.

"He so sweet." I squeak, cooing at him like I never have before. Tiger began to cry again. This filled my eyes with tears. He didn't recognise me. I was just a stranger to him. As he was crying, he began to sneeze. He was cold. His breaths soon curled into small icy clouds. His lips were going blue. I didn't know how to stop this!

"Why! What do you think you're doing?!" mum screams at me. Vicky leaps forwards and snatched Tiger from me.

"Don't worry. Aww! You're so cold!" she coos before looking up at me, curiousity flashing through her eyes. "How are you doing this?"

"Socceress! She's a SOCCERESS! I have adopted a SOCCERESS!" mum screams. I didn't hang on the fact that I was adopted. Of course I was. I just had to bolt out of the house. Elsa saw me and chased me on her horse, trying her hardest to get Winter near me. Once she succeeded, I leapt onto Winter and we escaped. Out of the reach my shocked 'sister'. Out of the reach of my mad 'mother'. Out of the reach of my freezing 'brother'. Out of the reach of my ruined 'family'. And I couldn't change it.