Run

I somehow knew my way back to my room. But as ran up there, I thought of different plans. I needed to see Aisha. Maybe I shouldn't confront her yet, but I seriously needed to sort out my powers. I know that I did kinda use them to my own will when me and Kloe were escaping. Although, the way I used them at the death of Midia was just messed up. I didn't like the woman, but I hadn't planned to freeze her.

As I continued to roam around (bad idea! bad idea!) I soon found another servant who was carrying a lot of folded grand clothes, which I could say was fit for a queen. In this case, Queen Aisha.

"Excuse me?" I called to her. She just ignored me.

"Hey!". She didn't show any signs that I was calling her. I guess I just had to follow her and see where I will end up.

While following her, I was thinking about what has happened yesterday. Midia. I could feel her image haunting me.

'Just forget about it.' my mind hissed.

"Oh what a coincidence, your highness!" the girl curtesties in front of me.

"Where are you off to?" I ask. She chuckles before answering me with, "To your room, of course!"

"So those dresses are for me? They looked like they were for Queen Aisha.". Her amused smile continued to grow.

"If you want be chosen as the to-be-Queen tomorrow, you might just as well look like one.".

"Wait, what!" I screeched. Fear caused my skin to prickle as I started panting unnecessarily. "What do you mean?".

"The choosing is tomorrow. I voted for you because-". I ran. I just had to. There was no way I could handle yet another big, dangerous event. Being picked as Queen would cause a load of emotions to swirl up. What if the people believed I was going to be just like my mother?

"Wait!" I heard Nancy cry. I just had to stop.

As soon as she caught up with me, I could see her tears.

"I'm ten now. It's been my birthday long ago. Why isn't my powers showing?". I had the exact theory why.

"Come!" I hiss at her. I feel partly relieved as I catch Nancy following me. Then there's shouting behind us.

"The water girl's running!" a male voice yells. We were both suprised by this. She flings her hands back at them and a huge stream of water bursts out, shoving the men to who knows where. She now has this proud smile on her face. She's laughing now. We finally get to an exit, which was guarded by this extremely uninterested guard.

"My daughter's running off!". That's now Queen Aisha chasing after me. I raised my speed, desperate for at least some time away from my mother. I keep on running. Nancy keeps on running. We manage to get to the woods.

"Don't say I didn't warn you." a voice says. But we run anyway. We just had to.