Public Decision

It's been what must've been hours since I have been relaxing in the bath, turning into a human prune. It was by time a knock sounded on my door that I had to cover myself and leave the bath.

"Hello, dear," an old woman greeted me. "You need to prepare for your banquet. I'm going to bring some dresses and tiaras for you. Just wait.". Before I could ask about the banquet, she was gone, and there was a 'fairy' in her place. The tall woman marched in with a straight posture and a blank expression on her face.

"I am the palace fairy, Lady Opal. You shall treat me with high respect at all times.".

"Ok?"

She tuts before continuing. "You shall sit to the right of the Queen. Never talk about Queen Elsa to anybody. No whispering across the table. Eat like a royal lady. There's no need to dance. Never-".

"I think the poor thing has heard enough." the old woman coos. Lady Opal finally leaves me alone with the senior and a rack of dresses and accessories.

She introduced herself as Mary, the dressmaker of the palace. In the end, she has made me wear an Elsa style dress and a tiara made out of icy crystals. She also does my hair up into an intricate french braid like Elsa's coronation hairstyle.

"Why do I look so much like Elsa?" I ask gingerly, waiting for her to scold me about the topic.

"You may become Queen, so you should look like one.". After she left, a man entered in to escort me to the great hall.

"So," he asks, running his fingers through his white, floppy hair. "How's it like, you know, being a princess?"

"It's cool.". We continue to walk in awkward silence. He shoots me a quick grin before looking away again. It was like he wasn't allowed to make eye contact with me. As I glance around, I suddenly see Kloe.

"Hey, Mora!" she squeals.

"My name is-"

"They're all gonna call you Mora anyway." she shoots back.

"Where's Alpha?" I said. Silence rings in my ear before we get to the dining hall.

Chatter filled the entire room as I entered. At our presence, the people quietened down a little.As I strode across, an elegant smile on my face, horror struck me. Alpha was bound to the wall, gagged. Fear kept flashing through her eyes. As soon as I sit down, the Queen smiled.

"It is up to you," she whispered to me. "On how Alpha is to be punished.". Then she stands and claps her hands for everyone's attention. It succeeded.

"People! As you may have been notified, Alpha has disobeyed my orders to return my two daughters. She must be punished. I will now allow my second born, Princess Mora to choose any punishment for her. There shall be no disagreement or else, Off with your head!". I tried to hide in my smile at this as I rose from my seat. When will the food come? I mean, a banquet should have food, right?

"My punishment," I announced the loudest yet elegantest as I could. "Is to, is to... I say... Just leave her!". A gasp runs through the crowd, followed by some murmurs. "I'll give her 3 chances. If she does any harm to us in any way, emotionally or physically, I'll choose a punishment at the next general gathering after the 3rd harm.". I get an appluase for this. I sit down, bewildered. I've never been this confident before. Mother sits down, a pleased look on her face. Kloe winks at me. Alpha snarls, even though she's kind of free now. Before I could even see food, a guard comes to tell me that a person has come to visit me.

By time I get to my room, I see the last person I would have expected.

"Sasha?"