Healing scars

I was battered by the time training was completed. Midia has repeatedly called me a fighting disgrace. It turns out that I can't do hand-to-hand combat against her (although, she is considered as top female fighter, so, what are the odds?), I can't do swordplay and the targets I'm supposed to aim and shoot at never got struck by me once. I observed myself to find out that I've got three cuts, one on my right shoulder; a small one on my left hand and another on my right ankle. So basically, I'm worse at defending my right side than my left.

I finally get to the peace of my room, only to get a knock a few seconds after I throw myself on my bed.

"What!?" I yell. I actually regreted that because perhaps princesses should sound better than that. But to my luck (my bad luck, that is), Queen Aisha comes in, dressed with proper respect. But by time she must've seen my scratches, she forgot about my impaitent answer and threw herself by my side like I was dead or something.

"Who did this to you?". I refused to say anything. Although I despised Midia so much, being a snitch wasn't going to help me much. But I didn't have to say anything because she somehow figured it out."Midia(!)," she snarled. "Let's take you to the Healer. She'd know what to do.". She then asked me to change to a dress as she waited outside. I hoped the Healer was nice. If she was, I would have the courage to visit her when needed. If not, then...

"The healer stays in this cave.". I raise my eyebrow at the mossy cave that is said to be her home.

"Why can't she just live in the castle?" I asked, immediately feeling like a small kid. The Queen chose to ignore my question and move on.

The smell of multiple herbs seep into my nose instantly as we enter. The inside is just as mossy as the outside of the cave. Although, my full attention was on the fully cloaked figure in the corner. The person's face was completely covered as well as her whole body. Aisha tells me to sit in front of the Healer and I do as I was instructed. Before I can say a thing, mother speaks for me.

"She's got 3 scratches; right shoulder, left hand and right ankle. Oh, and make it quick since she is my daughter, the princess." she informed. I hold out my left hand and the large sleeve of the healer conceals it. I jump a little at her touch. The Healer's hands felt gnarled with age and they were increasingly bony. I was about to ask her a question but Aisha coughed like it was a bad idea. The cut stung as soon as she felt it, but the pain immediately subsided. Then by time she allowed me to see my hand, I was gobsmacked. My skin was as flawless as I could ever think of. I glanced at my shoulder, getting shocking results. That was gone too. So has the one on my leg.

"She can heal many injuries with one touch. Now you know. Let's get a move on!" Aisha insisted impatiently. As she hurried me out, I glanced back at the Healer. I'm going to have to find out all about her. And I'll certainly see her face. If not, I'm going to be scarred for life. Certainly.