Does It Ever Stop Hurting

I'm sorry, but more angst. I'm working on some Fluff but it's taking a while. I could use some requests though.

I hope you like this, and I promise fluff in the near future.

***************************

Peter finishes up patrol, webbing a bad guy to a wall and leaving a note for the police to find. It’s been one of those days. One of those days when his past comes back to haunt him, and he doesn’t feel like it’s worth it.

His parents? Gone. Died in a
plane crash. Uncle Ben? Shot by a mugger. Aunt May? Cancer took her too. He feels alone, especially tonight.

Yeah he has the Avengers, and Ned, and MJ. But he’s always acting happy for them. The fear of them leaving is always there. If he’s a burden, then they’ll leave him just like everyone else. So he keeps it bottled up.

At least when he had May, he could talk to her. He could let her know when he was having a bad day. They would rent movies and order pizza, May would help him when the nightmares and panic attacks became to much. She would put her life on hold to help him. And now she’s gone too.

Peter swings back to the tower, keeping his curfew in mind. It was a school night so he had to be back before dinner. When he gets there he goes in from his Window, like always. FRIDAY was always supposed to let everyone know when he returned, so the entire team knows where he is by now.

Peter changes into a more comfortable outfit and puts away his suit. Before he leaves his room to face the others, he steps into his bathroom to stand in front of the mirror. He stares at the boy looking back at him.

His eyes are missing their usual sparkle, instead there’s something else. A sadness… A sadness so dark and frightening that Peter feels he could drown in it. This won’t work. Peter thinks to himself.

He leans with his hands on the sink before doing what he’s done hundreds of times. Running each thought through his mind.

You’re okay

You’ll be okay.

You can’t let them know you’re not okay.

Hide it.

Act happy.

Don’t let them know.

Smile.

By the time he’s ready to leave, he has a smile on his face. A fake smile, but a smile none-the-less. His eyes seem dull, but the sadness is no longer there. It’s taken years to perfect this. Acting okay.

He takes a deep breath before heading out to meet the others. When he gets there, everyone is in the common room eating pizza, a movie playing on the TV.

“Hey Pete, pizza’s in the kitchen. Help yourself.” Tony says, keeping his eyes glued to the TV. Peter heads to the kitchen to grab something to eat.

He doesn’t really have an appetite, but it’ll be suspicious if he doesn’t eat something. He puts two slices of pizza on his plate before going back to the common room. He takes his usual seat next to Tony before watching the movie. He manages to eat one slice of pizza before the sickness comes.

The food is tasteless, and Peter doesn’t know if he can stomach any more. He offers it to Tony who eyes the teen suspiciously. The kid could eat three pizza’s on his own easily, so why isn’t he eating?

Tony refuses so Peter offers it to Bucky who takes it without a second glance. Tony doesn’t say anything, but keeps an eye on the kid the rest of the evening. When Peter says that he has no homework, Clint suggest they play a game.