Just Peter Parker (Part One)

ChildOfChaos714 I know- this took forever. But I actually have a reason...

It has five parts.  Both as an apology to all you beautiful people for my disappearance and because I couldn't fit it into one part. I hope you all like it...

The decathlon meeting had run about thirty minutes late, and Peter was dreading facing Happy. Despite the name, Harold ‘Happy’ Hogan was anything but happy, especially when he was made to wait in a high school parking lot for an extra half hour.

Ned was chattering on about some Star Wars fan theory he’d read on tumblr, like the fanboy he is; MJ was walking silently alongside them, focused on her book while Harley listened politely to Ned’s ramblings. Peter’s half way listening, contributing his own opinions every now and then, but his attention was elsewhere.

His spidey-sense had been bothering him all day, but he hadn’t bothered to worry about it. Until now. Mr. Stark’s dark Audi sat on the far end of the parking lot, tinted window’s shut keeping what’s inside safely hidden. To the other three, nothing was wrong. But Peter knew otherwise. 

“Uh… Guys?” The boy stops in his tracks, the vehicle sitting only twenty feet away.

Suddenly it hits, a combination of fear and adrenaline flooding his veins as his Spidey sense goes haywire. Peter doesn’t have time to voice his warning before the car explodes, throwing the group of teens across the parking lot.

He feels the heat from the blast as the remnants of what he thought was his ride burns, flaming debris falling around them. His ears are ringing as he looks around, trying to process what had just happened. Ned and Harley were unconscious, lying motionless on the pavement a few feet away.

MJ stirred slightly, but other than that showed no signs of being awake. Peter’s entire body is shaking. The ringing in his ears has only gotten louder, and the metallic taste of blood is one of the few things he is actually aware of. Through blurred vision he sees the silhouette of a man walking toward him.

Peter tries to move away, disoriented and terrified he drags himself across the asphalt. His body aches with each movement, and he collapses on the ground completely before going limp. The last thing he hears is a deep, booming laugh before he slips into unconsciousness…

****
“Peter?” A terrified voice whispers, echoing off the stone walls. “Peter, please wake up.” And wake up he does. Everything hurts, but the fear in his friend's voice encourages him to lift his head and open his eyes. 

“Ned?” The room is dark, and it takes a moment for his eyes to adjust. He’s chained to the wall in what he assumes are vibranium cuffs. He can only guess that the others are in the same state. 

“I’m here.” His friend says again, his voice trembling.

“MJ? Harley?” 

“I’m here, Loser. Harley’s still out, but he’s alive.” Peter sighs in relief, knowing that all of his friends are okay. Well as okay as they can be in this situation. “What happened?” 

“Ambush.” Peter states simply.

“Does this usually happen?” 

“No, MJ. The assassins usually attack on tuesdays.” Peter answers sarcastically. “I gotta get us outta here.” 

“I’m afraid any attempts at escape would be futile, Spider-Man.” A voice crackles through static. “You see, We’ve stripped you of all defenses.” Peter tries to follow the sound, finding the origin of the voice. A speaker and camera maybe.