A Christmas Special

Merry Christmas everyone!! I know I've been gone a while, the semester was crazy. But I hope this can make up for it.

Merry Christmas!!

Peter slides into the kitchen, his socks causing him to glide across the floor with a goofy smile on his face. Once passed the doorway, he is faced with his childhood heroes- his family- sitting at the kitchen table getting ready to eat breakfast.

"IT'S BEGINNING TO LOOK A LOT LIKE CHRISTMAS!" Peter sang as he marched through the kitchen and toward the table. He heard a light laugh from May, who was used to this, while the others simply stared at him in shock.

It's the everyone's first Christmas at the compound together since May and Peter moved in, so May was the only one who knew what to expect. The other heroes just looked at the kid, clad in his Christmas Pajamas and classic red and green socks.

"Hey kid..." Tony said warily. He should've expected something like this. "You do realize that Christmas isn't until tomorrow, right." Peter releases an sigh.

"Well of course I know that Mr. Stark. But Christmas Eve is important too. You guys are nowhere near prepared."

"Yes we are." Tony motioned to the decorations around the room. "Everything is decorated and the Christmas tree is set up in the common room. Just like every year."

"Wow. Christmas must be so boring around here." Peter replied, a disappointed tone in his voice. The teen takes his seat at the breakfast table just as Natasha places a stack of pancakes in front of him.

"Oh really? Well what do you usually do for the holidays?" Clint asks. May just scoffs, trying not to laugh as everyone turns toward her.

"What's so funny?" Steve asks her.

"Let's just say you all have a busy day ahead of you..."

××××

"We have to do all of this?!" Tony asks, looking at the list peter had handed him. Peter just nods, his brown mess of curls bouncing as he did so. Tony looks up at the kid to see him struggling, attempting to get the plastic wrapper off the candy cane.

"Pete, you have super strength. It shouldn't be that difficult to open a candy cane."

"I don't care if I can lift 10 pounds or 10 tons, these things are impossible to open." Peter replies. "Its like they want to keep you from being happy." Tony sighs and takes the candy from Peter before opening it and handing it back to the hyperactive spider-child.

Tony watches as the kid happily takes it, but as soon as Peter tastes it all happiness seems to drain from his face, replaced with a look of disgust. The teen takes the candy out of his mouth before stomping over to the trashcan like a toddler and throwing the candy away.

"Traitor..." Peter mumbles as he walks back.to where he was previously sitting.

"What was that all about? You love candy canes." May asks him.

"That. Was. Disgusting." Peter answers. "Stupid spider DNA. Spiders don't like peppermint. So no more candy canes."

"Dont look so upset Underoos. There's more than one flavor candy cane."

"I know, but it will never be the same." Tony can't help but smile as he looks back at the list in his hands.

"It's not that much. Besides you don't have to if you don't want too. May and I can do it, just like every year." Peter says, now working on eating another flavored candy cane.

"I think we can do it. It'll be fun." Tony expected some kind of reaction from the teen, but when he looked up all he saw was Peter staring at the candy cane, that he had somehow managed to sharpen to a point. "Peter?" Tony asked, trying to regain the boys attention.