The Videos

(The picture above:Clint and Bucky from the comics)

You can ask my bestie percabeth_16_ this was randomly sent to her in one of our conversations. I had said "just imagine if..." and it accidentally turned into a one shot. So here it is.

<><><><><>

-Peter had been sitting with Tony in the lab, as he had every weekend over the past few months. He was looking at blueprints for his latest project when Tony had excused himself and left the room for a bit. But what Peter immediately noticed was that Tony had left his glasses on the table. The awesome ones.

Peter looked at the door, making sure Tony wasn't there, before curiosity got the best of him. He grabbed the glasses and slid them on before looking at his reflection in a peice of metal. Striking a pose, Peter tries to remain serious.

"The truth is..." Peter mimicked the billionaire's famous line. "I am IronMan."

Peter continues to mess around with the tech for a while. Little did he know that a certain genius billionaire was standing in the door watching every bit of it.

Tony just smiles to himself, thinking.

"FRIDAY?" Tony asks quietly.

"Yes Boss?"

"Record this." Tony then thinks back to all the threats he has faced over the past 11 years, and looking at the kid in front of him, he knows exactly what he needs to do...

____

Peter sits in his hotel room, turning the glasses over in his hand. Stark had left these for him. And Peter wasn't sure what to do. It didn't think he could ever live up to the man's legacy.

The teen slides the glasses on, as he had that day in the lab, over a year before. He had already used E.D.I.T.H while on the bus, but now he wanted a chance to see what exactly Tony had left for him when he...

When all of it happened.

"Um...EDITH?" Peter questions quietly.

"Yes Peter?"

"What all did Dad say? When he left you with me?"

"There's a recording if you wish for me to play it."

Peter wasn't sure if he could handle it. It's been eight months and still he mourns the man that had been like a father to him. But he had to hear it.

"Y-Yeah. Play the recording."

Suddenly Tony appeared, the video being played in the glasses.

"Hey kid. If you see this...that means that for some odd reason I'm not there." Peter takes a deep breath as he prepares himself.

"I don't have long to make this video Pete. You're gonna be back from school in a few minutes, and I want this to be a surprise. Maybe a part of me you can have since I'm not there."

Peter stifles a sob, covering his mouth as tears cloud his vision.

"I just...Pete I want you to know that I trust you. And I am so glad you came into my life. Considering all that's happened in the past few years, I realized I won't be here forever."

Peter is full on sobbing now, but still watching the video.

"Pete you're like a son to me. I love you kid, and I trust you to take on this responsibility. It may seem like it's too much, but that's why I'm giving it to you. You're strong. And you have a good heart. Remember, even though I'm not there, I'm not gone. I love you Pete."

The video cuts out, and Peter is left sitting on his bed. The room is dark and his heart is broken. His Dad was taken from him before he even had the chance.

"EDITH?"

"Yes Peter?"

"Are there any more?" Peter doesn't get a response, instead another video makes it's way to the screen. Tony's face appears, his eyes tired. It was from when Tony had been trying to get home from the battle on Titan.

"Hey Pete. It's me." Tony pauses for a second. "Odds are you're never gonna see this. Considering I just watched you..." The man's small frame is shaking as he holds back a sob.

"Anyway. I can think back to you making all those jokes about not having a will to live. And I know you were just kidding, and I never thought much about it." Tony hides his face in his hands as he cries.

Peter has never seen the man so vulnerable. Peter can taste the salt of his own tears as they stream down his face.

"Pete I wanted you to live. You were gonna do great things. Maybe take over the company someday. You were gonna graduate, succeed in life. Get married one day and maybe even have kids that I would spoil rotten. But now...you don't get to do that. And I truly am sorry. I love you Pete."

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Part 2 coming soon...

I love you all 3000,

Nat