Jealous Much? Part 1

*In captain American voice*

Patience. Sometimes patience is the key to victory. Sometimes it leads to very little, and seems like it isn't worth it. And you wonder why you waited so long for something so Disappointing.

But thank you for your patience anyway.

(Chaos, I'm working on your idea and I've had several different drafts, but I don't want to publish it until I get it right. It should be up soon.)

Welp, here y'all go.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

   Peter had simply been chilling in the tower, enjoying his day, when he shows up. The Spider-Kid had been in the common room of the tower, watching a movie with Tony. Peter had finally convinced him to watch Big Hero 6. Unfortunately, they were interrupted when they heard FRIDAY's voice ringing throughout the penthouse.

"Sir? We have Harley Keener waiting at the elevator."

"Harley? He wasn't supposed to be here until next week." Is Tony's reply.

"Shall I let him in?" FRIDAY asks.

"Of course! Don't keep him waiting." Peter sends Tony a confused look, which goes unnoticed.  Who's Harley? What's he doing here? Peter speaks these questions aloud,  but they fall on deaf ears. Tony is already up and moving to the elevator. The doors open to reveal a kid a few years older than Peter. The Spider's enhanced hearing catches the entire conversation.

"Harley? I thought you weren't coming in 'till Wednesday. "

"Mom said I could come early. She said since I was 18, I could make my own decisions." Tony just laughs and puts a hand on the boys shoulder before leading him out of the room, the two still joking and laughing. Peter looks back to the screen. The movie is still playing, the light of the TV casting shadows across the room. A bowl of popcorn sits on the couch beside him, still full.

Peter waits a little while longer in hopes that Tony will return and finish the movie, but after half an hour Peter realizes that isn't going to happen. With a disappointed sigh Peter turns off the TV and takes the snacks back to the kitchen before retiring to his room for the night.

After Peter's in bed and tucked under a pile of Star Wars blankets, he thinks about what just happened. 

Tonight was supposed to be his night with his father figure,  like every Friday night. It was supposed to be the night they put away all things work/school related,  and just hang out. But instead, it was just pushed to the side. In fact, this hadn't been the first time this had happened.  It seemed like the billionaire had been distracted over the last few weeks, and Peter felt as if he was somewhat invisible.

The teen tries to ignore the thoughts as he drifts off to sleep...

[[[[]]]]

Tony walks back toward the common room after showing Harley to his own room and giving him a tour of the penthouse. Harley, after weeks of begging, had convinced his mother to let him intern at Stark Industries for the summer. Tony had sent out the invite a few months ago, and so here they were. Harley was his newest intern.

The man walks around the corner and into the common room, ready to finish the movie with his kid.

"Hey Kid-" He stops in his tracks.  Peter's gone? The TV's turned off and everything is put away, the blankets they were using neatly folded and left on the couch. Why would the kid just leave? "FRIDAY, what time is it?"