5: Wild Thing (I Think I Love You)

~ Amanda's POV ~

- two weeks later -

It felt good to be back at the bar for another show. It felt like it had been forever since I've had a free night, let alone one to see my friends. Ratt was playing tonight and I was dying to spend some time catching up with Melissa.

I found her hanging out backstage with Stephen, Dave, Billy, Nikki, Tommy, Heather, and lots of other people. It was hard to learn and remember everybody's name, but I was slowly starting to get to know more and more people.

"I need to touch up my makeup," Melissa said as she pulled my arm, dragging me to follow her to the bathroom.

"Keeping true to the whole 'being friends means being honest with each other thing', I need to tell you something," she said as she pumped her mascara wand in and out of the tube, "about Vince."

"What did he do now?" I asked in a sarcastic voice. I hadn't seen him in a little over a week, but when we saw each other the passion was still all the same. To me, all was going well and we were managing to get closer and closer with one another.

"It's more a matter of who," she said as she drug the wand carefully onto her eyelashes, with her mouth dangling open as she looked into the mirror.

"Oh, well-," I started before she interrupted me.

"I don't know what you are to each other, you don't have to explain anything. I'm just telling you, okay?" She paused as she turned to look at me with the wand still in her hand. "When you weren't here last weekend, let's just say he 'noticed'."

Right then the door swung open, but thankfully it was just Heather.

"Where the hell did you guys go?" She asked, seemingly out of breath.

"Chill girl, we're just catching up. What's your problem?" Melissa asked.

"Just please come. We were waiting for everybody to get here," she said as she motioned for us to follow her into the backstage area where an even bigger crowd now stood. Vince waved at me from the other side of the stage and I smiled back. She left us to go seek out Tommy and they both stood up on the table.

"Just one quick announcement before the show," he started as he turned to Heather, grabbing her hand, holding it out for us to see. "We're engaged, thanks for tuning in!" He said excitedly as they both hopped down and everybody whooped and hollered.

Everybody was giving their congratulations as Ratt took the stage, dedicating their first song to their 'friends that just got engaged'. We all talked and marveled at their drastically changing lives during the band's performance. Towards the end, Tommy spread the news to people that there was going to be a huge party at his and Heather's place after the show and Heather was thrilled.

After spending most of the show trying to get some good pictures of the band playing, Vince set down the camera and walked over to me. He smiled and kissed me, in front of everybody. It was weird for us to be so public about something we kept so secret between us, but it felt right. At this point, I didn't even care about what Melissa told me earlier. It didn't bother me if he was only by me when we were together in person.

"Follow me," he said and led me into the empty dressing room where we once shared intimate moments. To my surprise, he sat down on the couch and waited for me to join him. "So me and the guys finished up our album...," he started as he put his feet up onto the table in front of the couch. "We finally got a record deal for this album and since our singles have been getting some traction...they want us to do a tour."

"Okay, that's great," I said, impatiently waiting for him to keep talking, wondering why he was telling me this right now, and in private.

"It's probably going to be a short gig, just around the states. It'll only be a like a year or less."