22: Don't Go Away Mad

~ Vince's POV ~

It was the greatest feeling ever being reunited with Amanda. I knew that I loved her as much as I did, but being with her again really made me realize exactly how much I was missing her the entire time we were apart. I turned around to face the clock on her nightstand and groaned when I remembered we were supposed to be getting ready for the wedding very soon.

I turned over and faced Amanda, whose eyes were gently closed in her peaceful slumber. I really didn't want to wake her, but we had to get going or I knew Tommy and Heather would be livid if we were late.

"Amanda, sweetie," I said, hoping that would be enough to see her eyes open. I reached out and touched her shoulder, moving it a bit until her eyes opened. "Morning," I said with a smile. She smiled back at me and moved closer to me, wrapping her leg around mine and her arm across my chest, resting her head by my neck.

As she started complaining about having to get up really soon, I suddenly remembered the dream I had last night. I couldn't remember all of the details, more of them slipping away as I struggled to hold onto what I did remember. I knew it was us getting ready for a wedding, but I'm pretty sure that it was ours, not Tommy and Heather's. The thought sent a feeling of warmth throughout me as I thought of it, even the possibility of it, with Amanda.

"What are you smiling about?" Amanda asked, looking up to me.

"Nothin'," I said with a smirk on my face. I didn't want to tell her about my dream because she would probably feel uncomfortable, or maybe she'd think it was funny.

"Come on," she said, sitting up and I followed her, pushing the blankets off from myself. "You have to tell me, what is it?" She smiled so big ,I didn't have the heart to just keep pushing it off.

"I had a dream last night," I started, looking at her with a soft expression on my face.

"Maybe I don't wanna know," she teased, nudging my arm as she let out a chuckle.

"Probably not," I said, laughing along with her. It was probably better I didn't bring it up, it didn't exactly go over so well the first time we talked about it.

"We should probably get going," Amanda said with a sigh, looking at me with a glimmer in her eyes.

"Uh," I groaned as she stood up and moved to my side of the bed. She grabbed my hands and started pulling me, urging me to get up. I jokingly fought back, making her drag me to get dressed.

We both threw on some casual clothes as we were supposed to actually get dressed at Tommy's parents house. I've never been to their house before, but according to Tommy they're very wealthy and leaped at the opportunity to have their son get married there. And I guess it's where Tommy grew up and everything. I also suddenly realized that there was going to be a lot of people that I've never seen before. That'll be interesting.

"Nikki's here," Amanda said, looking out the window of and pointing to Nikki's car down below. We were all riding there together because it was quite a drive away. We quickly flew down the stairs and piled into the back of Nikki's old beat-up Cutlass.

We drove a ways out of the city and Nikki turned onto the interstate and we all noted how long the drive was going to be.

"Please tell me any of you have something interesting to tell me, I'm dying over at Doc's house," Nikki complained behind the wheel.

"Sorry," Mick said, looking out the window of the car.

"Vince?" Nikki asked, practically moaning out of desperation. He turned around for a brief moment, glancing back to keep his eyes on the road at the same time, "Amanda?"