16: Fight For Your Rights

~ Amanda's POV ~

We both awoke the next morning and I took in how great I was feeling. A lot of it was because for once I had nothing to drink the night before and I felt like myself again. The rest of why I was feeling was coming from being able to spend the past couple of days with Vince. Even though our time together is limited, I think I'm starting to realize that it doesn't necessarily have to be a bad thing.

Vince's eyes were already open when I opened mine and we just sat there together in silence, embracing each other and being together in the moment.

"Vince?" I asked, hoping to bring up a topic that has seemingly been eating away at my thoughts and wearing down on me. I wanted to avoid it, but I knew it wasn't fair to Vince to never talk about the baby and what happened and how we both felt about it. It was time.

"What's up?" He asked, looking at me with his dark brown eyes, making my stomach drop thinking of how I was about to make him feel.

"Can we talk about the," I paused, "the baby?"

His eyes widened as he sat up and I did the same. I told him the details of how I was painting at the hospital, the kind nurse and doctor who had gone out of their way to help me. By the end of the whole story, I was crying quite a bit. But I didn't care considering what we were talking about.

"I can't believe you had to go through all of that alone. And how you've been holding it in for so long," he said, wrapping his arms around me and making me move closer to him.

"Well, it was a crazy feeling. It wasn't planned but I had thought about it so much, I had convinced myself that it was such a good thing. My entire life I've said I don't want to have kids, and I was willing to do all of it, so that as long as I had you by my side," I said, realizing the full truth of what I was saying.

"And you can still have all of that, I'm not going anywhere," he said, making me cry even more. It felt so good to be there with him, and having him say everything I've always wanted to hear. As he said those words I even saw his eyes get watery like he was about to cry, too. I've never seen him cry, even though he's seen me cry so many times that I've lost count.

We laid there together for awhile. But even after what was probably a couple hours of dozing off and cuddling, it still felt cut short when I finally gave in and got up to go to the bathroom. I stood in front of the mirror and tore through my knotted hair and Vince came into the bathroom to start untangling his hair as well.

"You wanna see what Tommy and Nikki are up to?" I asked, debating what to do before having to go home tomorrow. I missed them both too as I really got to know them since I first met Stephen.

"Yeah, let's check it out," he said as we both threw on some casual clothes so we could walk through the halls of the hotel. Tommy's room was only a short walk away and once we got to the door, Vince grinned at me as he started to bang his fist on the wooden door.

Soon Tommy cracked the door open to see what was going on.

"God damn you, Vince! I thought you were Doc coming to scream at me for something," he said, squinting as the light from the hallway met his eyes.

"Where's Nikki?" Vince asked.

"He's probably in his room," Tommy said, relaxing the door on its hinges, allowing Vince and I to step into the room. "But I bet he isn't alone."

"What happened to you last night?" I asked, realizing that he looked even more disheveled than usual.

"Let's just say they're changing the drinking age early after they saw me last night," he said, sitting down on the bed and closing his eyes as we talked.