58: Heaven & Hell

{ this chapter is dedicated to nikkisixxsforehead , thanks for all of the nice comments }

> to know why I dedicate chapters to people, scroll to the author's note at the bottom of the chapter <

- two months later -

~ Amanda's POV  ~

Despite the things that have been trying to stand between Vince and I these past few months, things were finally going good again. And despite Vince confessing to me that this 'Alex' wasn't actually from a car dealership, he ended up buying a new car. Two actually.

The first he brought home a couple of months ago. Unlike many parts of Vince's personality and trying to live out the true life of a rockstar, Vince chose a rather humble car. And unlike the old Cutlass that we had been driving around for the past year, this one actually had a shine to the paint!

Vince told me that his dad used to drive a Pontiac Trans Am, and he decided to get one of those for himself. It was gloss black, the shine reflecting whatever was near it perfectly. It wasn't a new car, but it was sure pretty.

After sporting around in his new car for a couple of weeks, Vince decided to surprise me with one of my own. Instead of something sleek and black, Vince bought me a baby blue vintage Ford Mustang. It was just like those cute old cars you see in the movies, and this one even had a convertible top.

"Do you like it?" Vince had asked me after leading me out to the driveway with my eyes closed.

I knew that it was going to be a car, because he had been way too excited to keep it a total surprise. When we were at the dealership looking for the Trans Am, I guess he caught me eyeing up this baby blue car.

"Vince, are you sure you have money for all of this?" I asked, but absolutely loving the car.

"Money is no problem, baby," Vince assured me. "Why don't we take it for a drive?" He asked while waving the keys at me.

Besides the new cars, there was still other changes in our lives. The room across from our bedroom was no longer a spare room, it was now the room that our baby was going to grow up in.

We had, according to a total cliche, painted the walls of the nursery blue and decorated the walls with animals and cars. I wasn't all for pressing such harsh gender roles on the baby, but I figured down the road that we'd allow him to choose whatever things he wanted.

The room was beautiful and every time I walked by it, I was filled with the warm and fuzzy reminder of the life growing within me.

"Can you believe your due date is already in less than a month?" Vince asked, coming up from behind me as I stood from the hallway, staring into the nursery.

"No, I really can't," I said, welcoming his arms around me.

The baby had been kicking basically nonstop these past couple of weeks, and he seemed to kick even harder when Vince was around.

"He definitely recognizes your voice," I said with a smile, putting my hands on top of his as he continued to feel my stomach.

"Or he just really loves his mom," Vince said sweetly from behind me.

He spun me around so that we were facing one another. We smiled at each other wildly, like there was no problems in the whole world. Like there was nothing in the universe that could keep us apart.

"I love you," Vince said with a big smile. "And I can't wait to raise this baby with you."

He kissed me and my eyes fluttered shut, embracing how perfect every moment was between us. Even though he reminded me daily of how much he loved me, it still made my heart beat faster after he tells me again.