63: Seperate Ways (Worlds Apart)

~ Amanda's POV ~

"Amanda!" Vince's voice called out, making me whip my head around to see his face red with worry.

I was standing just outside the bar, next to the line of people that were filtering into the party for the night, hoping to grab a cab that could take me home. I just wanted to get the hell away from him.

No matter what he could tell me, he couldn't deny what I had just seen. I knew that he was always faithful to me, I didn't have one doubt of that in my mind. But I also always believed that he never wanted to, that he only wanted me. But I was proven wrong about that tonight. And I didn't want to be a part of this any longer.

"Where are you going?" Vince asked nervously, noticing the tears streaming down my face.

"Home," I said sternly, trying to wipe the tears from my cheeks to seem like my heart wasn't shattering into a million pieces right now.

"Why?" He asked, stepping closer to me and lowering his voice.

"You know why," I said harshly.

"Amanda, that wasn't anything," Vince pleaded. "Do you really not trust me?" I could smell the stench of alcohol on his breath, and it only made me more angry.

"No, I fucking don't," I said as soon as a cab was pulling up to the curb. "You always guilt me into trusting you, even though I shouldn't! And I'm fucking done, Vince."

"Done?" Vince asked, panicking once he saw me opening the cab door and getting inside. I shut the door, praying that the driver would take off quickly, as Vince patted against the window. "Don't go," he pleaded, looking deeply into my eyes, his voice muffled from the outside of the cab. "You know I'd never hurt you."

I only looked at him with teary eyes as the cab pulled away, and headed out of the city. I let myself fall into tears again, not even trying to be subtle.

"Everything okay back there?" The cab driver asked, peaking at me from his rear view mirror.

"I'll be fine," I insisted, sobbing a few more times as I started to plan my next moves.

The first thing I was going to do was calmly tell Heather's cousin to leave, and start packing up my things. Only the things that I really needed, and everything that Maria was going to need. We'd stay at a motel or Heather's or anywhere else until I could figure things out.

The cab pulled up outside of my house and I paid the driver before running inside to start my steps. Heather's cousin didn't question the early dismissal with the same amount of pay as I quickly ran upstairs and threw my suitcase on the bed, only grabbing what I really needed.

"Amanda," Vince's voice sounded from the doorway of our bedroom.

I was so entranced in packing up my things that I didn't hear his car, the front door, or his footsteps up here. I didn't know if I was more upset with what had just happened, or knowing that he drove here after drinking, yet again.

"Please don't do this," Vince continued, his voice sounding soothing despite what was going on right now.

"What do you mean?" I asked suddenly, raising my voice at him as my anger grew so big that I could've blown the roof off of this house.

"Don't leave," Vince said. "That didn't mean anything. You know I'd never do that to you, baby."

"See!" I exclaimed suddenly. "You always say that! 'Amanda, trust me' or 'I'm hurt that you think of me like that', even though I was fucking right!"

"You aren't right!" Vince yelled back. "That girl just threw herself at me, I can't control that!"

"Her hand was down your pants, Vince!" I yelled back, my tears only fueling me on further. "You were kissing her back!"