7: Best Friend's Girl

~ Amanda's POV ~

Is that really what I wanted?

"Yes, just don't tell anyone," I said as I looked out the window and started to feel the implications of what I had just done. I didn't regret it, but I definitely rushed into the decision. I'm not entirely sure how I felt about it. "Nobody needs to know." Part of me figured Nikki would probably tell people anyway, I didn't really care either way.

"Nice," he said as he reached over and put his hand on my leg. "I can't tell if it's fucked up or not that I slept with my best friend's girl."

"I'm not his girl anymore," I said as I looked back to him, giving him a sour look.

"Oh, I'm sure he'll still see it that way," Nikki said, chuckling a little bit to himself.

"Then it looks like you're the one in trouble then," I teased back. I hadn't really thought out that far, though.

"That's only if he finds out," Nikki pointed out. "I'm sure he'll be back for you, I know that he likes you a lot."

"I don't know about that," I said. "Lots of things were said. I don't know if we could get past it."

"You're really hot," Nikki said. "I'm sure he'll want you again."

"Can I tell you something gross?" I asked him, completely brushing off the fact that he just called me hot.

"Always," he said with a crooked smile on his face.

"Despite everything that happened, I think I still love him," I admitted.

"Damn, that really is gross," he said as he nudged my arm. "If you 'love him' why are you shacking up in a car with a sleaze like me?" Good question. Answer: because he's been an asshole to me and deserves it.

"I'll get back to you on that," I said as my mind was soon getting clouded with our actions of the night.

"If you ever need me to like, kick his ass or something, let me know," he said with a smile.

"Thanks," I said as I opened the door now, waving to Nikki as he drove away.

On the way up the stairs to my apartment, I couldn't decide how I felt about my actions tonight. It sure was nice, but now I'm no better than him. What was I doing?

I opened my door and clicked on my answering machine as I noticed how late it had gotten. There was 3 messages from Melissa:

1: Hey it's Melissa! Just checking in to see if you made it home safe. Call me back!

2: Amanda, are you home yet?

3: Amanda you still aren't home and it's almost 3 a.m. I'm starting to get worried. Call me ASAP!

I quickly called her back and explained that I fell asleep at the bar and Nikki was there to give me a ride home. Keep it a secret, at least for now. I don't know if she bought it or not, but she'd probably figured that I was doing something different tonight. She was one of the only people that knew about our apparent break-up.

- one week later -

The next weekend, Nikki and I hung out the entire night at the bar while Ratt was playing their show. Since the night that we spent together, we had talked a lot and we started to become really good friends. He told me about how he was trying to make things better with Lita again, and I talked with him about how I still had feelings for VInce. He was a really good listener, and an even better drinking buddy.

Me and Nikki were sitting out in the crowd during the show and drinking whiskey when Vince came into the bar, alone, looking like a train wreck.

"I can't badmouth him too much because he's still my friend," Nikki was starting to say as we were ranting about Vince. Once he noticed him in the bar he said, "but he looks like shit. Oh my god," he pointed to him walking in.