6: Without You

~ Amanda's POV ~

I must've fallen asleep as we laid together because I don't remember anything after the things that Vince said to me. I couldn't believe that we were moving so fast, but things finally felt good, comfortable. Maybe it was only going to be temporary, or maybe things just might work out for after all.

It all felt like a dream, well, almost all of it. I stood up to get dressed and to find out what Vince was up to. I realized how stiff I was, grimacing when I bent down to pick up my shirt and pants. My head pounded as I tried to remember what else happened last night. I remembered all of the things that I asked Vince to do to me, tingles rushing through my body when I even thought of what we did last night. I also remembered that we didn't use any protection, even after how we said we were going to be careful.

I found Vince in the living room watching TV. "Finally awake?" He stood up to give me a kiss as he pushed my hair out of my face. "Do you want to have lunch with Heather and Tommy?"

"Yeah, sure," I said looked back at the clock, 2 p.m., I really had slept in. I wondered how long Vince waited for me to wake up before coming out here to watch TV.

"They're gonna bring a pizza over in a little bit if you want to get dressed."

I got dressed back into my clothes from the last night, not caring if either of them could tell. I went into his bathroom to fix my hair and to wash my face. I blew my nose into a wad of toilet paper and as I went to throw it into the garbage I noticed something. A colorful piece of plastic, a used piece of plastic. A condom if you need me to come out and say it. Right on top of the trash. Wasn't from us though.

I couldn't be mad though because last night was different, a defining time. Before last night we weren't anything official and I knew that was going on. It didn't bother me, the real question was: is this going to change between us now? He hadn't exactly said anything about being exclusive. I need to stop worrying and caring so much about this.

As I was coming out from the bathroom, Heather and Tommy were already in the living room so I sat down to join them.

We had some drinks with the pizza, the guys talked about how enthusiastic they were about the possibility of a tour. Heather didn't seem to be bothered by it at all.

"I can't wait to come and visit," she said. She was eyeing Tommy up with a wide smile on her face.

"I can't imagine leaving you, and our baby," he said. They held hands and looked on to Vince and I.

"But it doesn't have to be a bad thing," Vince said as he looked at them, trying to put a comforting feeling into the room.

After we finished the lunch, I left with Tommy and Heather and walked with them until they got to their apartment. They held hands the whole way to their apartment, walking off together. Then I walked home by myself.

- a month later -

It had been awhile since much had changed. Everything was remaining pretty constant and I actually enjoyed having some stability in my life right now. Especially the kind I was finding in Vince and I's relationship. I was sitting in Heather's apartment with Melissa, I realized I hadn't thought much about the tour since the day I first found out. I only thought of it now because they brought it up.

"I'm so happy for him, but I don't want to be here alone with a baby," Heather said as she sipped her cup of tea. "What do you think about it, Amanda?"

"I don't really know, I guess. We haven't been going out long enough for me to have any say in something like his career. It's different for you and Tommy, you're engaged and you'll have a kid," I spoke sincerely. That was all true to me. Even if Vince and I were in a serious relationship, I still would never stand in the way of his dreams.