51: Still Loving You

~ Amanda's POV ~

Tommy and I were the first ones to arrive at the hospital. We had been waiting for any kind of news for hours. They wouldn't tell us anything, probably because they didn't know anything. I had sat awake in the waiting room through the night, just staring blankly on the tiresome paintings on the walls. Nothing was going through my mind, my eyes were emotionless and my stomach was a sinking pit.

Heather, Nikki and Lita, and Mick were just arriving after they had heard the news. I didn't even really bother with their presence, trying helplessly to comfort me. I just needed him to be okay. I don't know what I'd do without him. I refused to say a word to anyone, wanting to be alone until we knew more information.

"Tommy, what the hell happened?" Heather asked, whispering furiously under her breath.

Seated in the chairs across from me, the two of them had what they thought was a private conversation. Nobody sat on either side of me, knowing better than to try and be near me right now.

"We took the bikes out for a ride," Tommy said quietly. "I guess he gave it a little too hard, I don't remember exactly how it happened."

My stomach sank. I didn't know anything about what happened. Tommy wanted to tell me, I could see his eyes watching me worryingly, but I told him to stop talking every time he tried.

"Were you drinking?" Heather asked, squinting her eyes at him in anger. She glanced over to me with concern on her face, my eyes still fixated in their trance on the wall.

"Yes," Tommy rasped.

"Why do you do things like that? Do you ever remember you have me and two little girls who need you?" Heather asked. "You're lucky that you didn't get hurt...and Vince," she said, trailing off. I moved my eyes to look at her, only for a moment, to see her shaking her head in disapproval.

The conversation ended and I saw Heather get up, heading over to where I was sitting.

"Please," I pleaded before she sat down. "I really need to be alone right now."

"Amanda," she began. "You've been sitting here all night, you need to eat something."

"I'm fine," I said, staring down at my hands folded across my lap, wanting to escape this nightmare so badly.

"It might be hours until you hear anything," Heather continued.

"I don't care," I said, turning to her with a look of frustration on her face. "I can't do anything until I know he's okay."

"It's Vince," she said, moving her arm around my shoulder and pulling me into a hug. "He's going to be just fine. And he'd want you to eat and take a little walk. You don't need to sit here for another six hours."

How could anyone know he'd be fine? Nothing was certain, and none of us had any idea of what state he was in.

"Tommy will be here the whole time," Heather said, gesturing to Tommy who was nodding in agreement. "He'll come find us the second there's news. Please let me take you to the cafeteria."

"Fine," I grunted, only wanting to stop her begging. Heather was relentless and I knew that she was never going to take no for an answer.

I stood up, feeling my stomach drop completely to the floor. My legs and knees were stiff from sitting in the chair for so long. I also didn't realize how badly I had to use the bathroom, my mind being so focused on other things.

The cafeteria didn't have anything that sounded appetizing to me in this moment, even though they had a lot of options. I put a dinner roll and half an orange on my plate and headed to sit down at a table with Heather.