44: Raise A Little Hell

- two weeks later -

~ Amanda's POV ~

The past week and a half have been absolutely crazy. We barely got home before we were packing our bags again. Before we knew it, we were back at the airport.

Heather had her baby a few weeks early, and I thankfully got a chance to meet her before she dropped her off at her mom's house for the many months to come.

I was enjoying the tour so far, being in the company of Heather constantly. The tour was with Ozzy Osbourne, so his wife Sharon made the tour a lot more enjoyable too. It was nice to have girls to hang around and talk to, at least ones that weren't trying to get into your husband's pants.

The tour seemed to barely be taking off by the time we ended up in Hollywood. It was unlike anything I've ever seen before, club after club lined up neatly along each other. It was only the third show of many on the tour, and after a few months we'd be flying to other countries. I hadn't even left New York until the times that I went to visit Vince on the last tour.

Currently, Heather and I are sitting in the tour bus and painting our nails together. And, of course, we're talking about Tommy and Vince.

I didn't see Vince as much as I expected too. We'd drive for a day or two and once we'd get to a city he'd either go off onto stage right away or he'd go out with the guys and I'd stay back on the bus or in a hotel room, too tired to go out. I don't know how he does it.

It was especially hard right after getting married. It seemed like our honeymoon period was over quickly, Vince was clearly being distraught night after night, between playing shows and partying whenever possible. He felt distant and that worried me.

"You shouldn't worry too much," Heather said to me after voicing the same concerns I just filled you in on.

"I'm only worried that he's not in the best place right now or something," I said, anxiously twiddling my thumbs over each other.

"The guys are all trying to adjust to this lifestyle again, just give him some time," she responded confidently.

I decided to trust Heather, figuring that she was probably right about this kind of thing, as usual. I leaned my head against the window of the bus and noticed that Tommy and Vince were chatting with a couple of their roadies and the opening bands.

"I don't want him to run in here all 'eager to see me right away' or anything, but it's like he forgets that I'm even here," I mumbled, longingly watching Vince out the window.

"Now you're just overthinking," Heather said, trying to regain my attention. "If you want to be with him, just go out and be with him. Maybe he thinks you want some alone time, you don't know what's going through his head."

"Maybe you're right," I said, moving out of my seat as she followed me.

"That's right, Amanda," Heather said, encouraging me. "Go get him."

I turned around to flash her a smile as we stepped off of the bus. Once I met Vince's gaze he waved his hand, summoning me to go over to him. I walked over to him with Heather trailing beside me. It was very dark out now, considering how late it already was.

"Hey baby," Vince said quietly to me as he moved his arm around my waist, pulling me closer to him. I could smell the strong stench of whiskey on him, even though he wasn't holding a drink.

"Is she your muse for the next couple of weeks?" One of the roadies questioned, making a pit grow in my stomach. He glanced at me with curious eyes and I suddenly felt dirty under Vince's touch.