43: Pride And Joy

*light mentions of smut all throughout this chapter*

~ Amanda's POV ~

*in Hawaii*

It was an eleven hour flight from New York to Hawaii, so it was about eight in the morning (Hawaii's time) by the time we finally got back to our hotel room. The humidity and sunshine felt so nice as we were walking inside. All I felt like doing was sitting outside and soaking up as much sunshine as possible. Neither of us were very tired, sleeping through most of the flight.

After setting our bags down in the room, I slumped onto the plush bed and laid out on it, soaking in the beauty of the room.

"What do you wanna do first?" Vince asked as he sat down beside me, resting his hand on my knee.

"Hm," I said jokingly. "I think you've kept me waiting long enough, don't you?" I asked, sitting up and looking into his eyes desperately.

"And I'm gonna keep you waiting," he said back with a delicate smile. "I promise we will...tonight," he reassured me as his eyes pleadingly looked into mine.

"You're really building yourself up, you know that?" I teased. "I hope you can live up to all of the expectations that I've been adding to the list."

"Of course I can," he said with a gentle smile.

"What else are we going to do then?" I asked impatiently.

"We could go and lay on the beach," he suggested, his eyes convincing.

"Sure," I said, standing up quickly and moving over to my bags to grab one of the many bikinis that I bought for the trip. If you're going to buy anything for Hawaii, it's a ton of bikinis. I was hoping to leave with a stunning tan and maybe get Vince's attention a little too.

I changed into my bikini right in front of him, teasing him back. I understood, even appreciated, that he wanted us to wait so bad. But I was starting to feel almost rejected, I just wanted him so badly and I didn't get why it had to be so special.

"That's not going to work with me," he said, standing up and starting to get himself changed as well before I put the top of my bikini on.

"I'm just getting dressed," I said innocently, struggling to tie the strap behind my back.

"Let me," Vince said after he noticed my struggle. His fingers grazed my back as he tied a bow with the straps, making me catch my breath more than once. He moved his hands to my waist and pulled me back against him, resting his head on my shoulder. I put my hands over his and welcomed his embrace, but I still craved more. "You're so beautiful," he suddenly added, his lips muffled against my bare shoulder.

"Save it for tonight," I said suddenly, talking in a whisper, barely loud enough for him to hear what I was saying.

He moved himself away from me and changed into his swimming trunks and we headed down the elevator together. My memories whirled back to one of the times that I came to visit him on tour...when we couldn't even wait to get back to our room to be with each other. I missed that Vince. Only a little though, he was so much better to me now than he ever was. That didn't mean, however, that I didn't wish he'd stop this elevator and bend me over like he did that time.

We walked down the sidewalk outside of the hotel, quickly reaching the beach that we could see from our room.

"Wow, this really is beautiful," I said, marveling the stunning waves of blue water that were gently crashing onto the white sand. The beach was nearly empty, considering it was so early in the morning, but it felt just right.