Kenshin and Nobunaga x Reader - "Having Nightmars About You Dying"

Requested on Tumblr : "Oohh i have a request for ya! Can you write a scenario where nobunaga and kenshin have nightmares about losing mc and when they wake up mc wasn't there because she got something to do and when they find her they get very pos...

Requested on Tumblr : "Oohh i have a request for ya! Can you write a scenario where nobunaga and kenshin have nightmares about losing mc and when they wake up mc wasn't there because she got something to do and when they find her they get very possessive and clingy over her. Thank you for considering writing my request! To answer your question, yes it would be for one character one headcanon ,sorry for the confusion 😅"

A/N: I decided to make short scenarios instead of a headcanon, hope it's accurate! I haven't chosen a route remotely informative on Kenshin!

Kenshin:

He tossed and turned uncontrollably, shaking lightly. His eyebrows furrowed every so often. A small dissatisfied groan escaping his lips as his body jittered uncontrollably. The very nervous-looking Kenshin was curled up into himself. He was very warm -- uncomfortably warm. His temperature was very high, and his body was sweating. His breathing became more and more ragged.

~Don't leave me, please~

The voice echoed loudly in his head. He was sure it could be heard from around him.

~Kenshin, I'm s-so sorry~

He shot up, gasping, his lungs making him cough violently. The state he was left in was unforgivable. What was even more ridiculous about the situation, is that (Y/N) wasn't by his side.

His eyes widened as he begrudgingly stood up, nearly losing his balance as he put some decent and warm clothes on before rushing out of the bedroom to look for you.

His heart thumped in his chest as he ran around the castle. On another day, he would not have seemed so hopeless and needy, but he was desperate. He needed her warmth, her body.

He needed to hear her voice, to know everything would be okay. Thankfully for him, he found (Y/N), helping Shingen with a duty.

"What are you doing out of bed at this time? It's dangerous," He grumbled, immediately pulling her to him protectively.

"She was simply helping me with a task," The tiger smirked.

"Whatever, she's coming back," He responded through gritted teeth, kissing her temple angrily and glaring at his fellow warlord before grasping his girl's hand and guiding her back to his room.

"Kenshin," The girl started scolding as soon as the door closed, "what is wrong with-," She gasped as her lips were captured in a needy kiss. He pushed her against the door, hungrily devouring her lips. His hold was strong and possessive -- but didn't hurt the girl in any way. Her hands were gently placed on his shoulder blades before they slid around his neck to deepen the kiss. A few moments later, you pulled away to breathe.

"Nightmare?" She mumbled against his lips.

"Yes," He grumbled, looking away, "don't go out at night," A short breath escaped his lips. A sad smile etched itself on her face as she cupped his cheek and made him look back at her.

"I won't, I promise," Her thumb grazed his cheekbone before she pecked his forehead.

Nobunaga:

It wasn't usual for him to sleep... willingly. (Y/N) always forced him to even try and have a decent night of sleep. He adored how motherly she could become, he never complained, though. It was always amusing how smitten and in love with you, the fierce leader was with her, always curled up into her.

Recently though he didn't have the best nights. Fortunately, the girl was always there to chase his demons away. He hated the nightmares, losing the girl he loved was so painful to watch.

And the nightmares only got worse.

He was hugging himself, a big scowl on his face, he didn't dare move. His facial expressions contorted continuously. From disgust and anger to true desperation.
It felt like an eternity before his eyes finally opened and he shot up. A ragged breath escaped his lips as he ran a hand through his hair.

It was only another nightmare.

He focused on calming his breathing, finding it difficult as he could hear his heartbeat thumping loudly in his ear. As soon as he controlled his breathing, he moved his hand around to feel for the person he loved. His breathing hitched again once he didn't see (Y/N) beside him.

The space beside him was cold, the whole room was empty. He stood up, hurrying into clothes and taking his sword. His feet took him hurriedly out of the room and pacing around his mansion. The aura around him became increasingly distressed. He distinguished voices. They were barely audible, but he was sure he heard a feminine voice. He paced towards the sounds, freezing in his spot as he spotted his girl, along with Hideyoshi and Masamune.

"What's going on here?" His deep voice growled.

"We heard a loud noise. It woke all of us up and we're looking into it," The girl sighed, eyebrows furrowing at his sight.

"Are you okay my lord?" His vassal asked, frowning in concern.

"Fine," He muttered as (Y/N) walked up to him, placing a strand of hair out of his face as it stuck to it. Nobunaga glanced down at her momentarily.

"Well, I hope you find the problem quickly, we will be on our way," He nodded, sliding a hand around (Y/N)'s waist, pulling her into his chest. To his greatest reassurance, she hugged his waist, leaning into him. He walked with her, hurriedly, back to their room. The girl closed the door, pulling Nobunaga to her.

"Are you okay?" She whispered, cupping his face, eyes filled with worry.

"Yeah," He breathed out, placing his forehead against hers. Her hands found their way in his hair, pulling him into a hug. He tensed instantly before slowly hugging back. The girl then laid down on the futon, patting the space beside her. His eyebrow raised questioningly but followed suit.

As soon as he fully laid beside her, she tugged him into her body, laying his head in the crook of her neck and his chest against hers. He hugged her waist tightly, closing his eyes and inhaling her scent.

"You're okay," She soothed, nuzzling his hair as he buried himself into her.

"I'll keep you safe just like you do for me.,"

Comments, votes and feedback improve motivation, writing and publishing, so it is in your best interest to leave some! :)