Kenshin Uesugi x Reader - "Chasing Your Demons Away"

When Kenshin finds you in a bad place mentally, he spends the entire day with you, having prepared a nice date and discarding any duties you might have had. By the end of it, he managed to chase your demons away, just like you did with his countless times before.

A/N: This wasn't requested, I wrote this for a dear friend that was going through a rough patch, I hope you like it girl, and that it helps a little bit, it made me feel better as well so it's a win-win! I love you 💖

Warning: floof, making out and alcohol

He was more than relieved when council was finally finished, his heart had ached when he saw her face before heading out, he needed to be there but being at her side to try and cheer her up was something Kenshin would much rather do.

"What's with the gloomy face?" Shingen's honey dipped voice inquired.

"(Y/N) is sad, I was thinking of something I could do so I could see that beautiful smile again," he grumbled in response.

"I heard from Yuki that there was a festival in the neighbouring town, maybe it will help distract her," he suggested.

"There is? Where? I demand an answer!" he ordered.

*****

"Good morning," Kenshin greeted as he slid the door closed.

"Hey," she gave him a soft smile -- but he could tell it was tiring to do so. Sinking on his legs, he sat behind her and pulled her back against his chest.

"What's the matter?" he whispered, placing his chin on her shoulder as she slowly leaned into him.

Her head shook in answer and she shrugged, sighing deeply. The man wouldn't push her until she was ready to open up.

"Do you mind if we go out today? I have some business outside of town and I would like you to come along." he murmured, kissing the shell of her ear.

"Mmh," the woman nodded slowly, snuggling in his arms and holding him tightly.

"Good, we need to leave in a bit, do you mind getting ready?" he nuzzled her neck.

"Mmh, sure," she sighed, standing up and laying out other clothes.

*****

"You don't have to be so tense with me," he whispered, low enough for her to hear over the sound of the horse's hooves.

Slowly, she leaned against his chest, feeling his chin rest on her head and his arms tightly around her waist. The rocking of the animal's movements made her release a relaxed sigh. Fortunately, a very small weight escaped her crushing heart as she felt Kenshin's strong beating one against her.

Tilting her head slightly, her head got comfortable against his shoulder and, before she knew it, her eyes closed at the beautiful lullaby singing in his chest.

(Y/N) didn't realise how long it had been before the Dragon kissed her cheek repeatedly. Stirring, her eyes painfully opened.

"We're here," he smiled down at her. A faint blush peppered her cheeks as she stood up straight, feeling Kenshin descend down from the horse.

"Where are we?" her eyes scanned the unfamiliar place, nodding thankfully to him as he grasped his outstretched hand and aided her to the ground.

"A small village on the outskirts of Echigo, I was informed that there was a festival here and thought it might do you some good," the man informed, tying the horse's reins to the fence and patting her cheek before moving back to the girl and intervening their fingers together.

His hand gave hers a light squeeze.

"This festival attracts people from many neighbouring domains, so there will be crowds, hold my hand so you don't get lost," Kenshin lifted her hand to his face and kissed her knuckle softly.

(Y/N) nodded, smiling shyly and hugging his arm as they meandered through the streets until the music that had previously teased their ears could be too clearly heard from around the corner.

The girl's eyes widened as they got a glimpse of the festival strolling through the streets merrily. The man pulled her closer as they approached the increasingly dense crowds.

There were dancers, fire breathers and musicians, truly entertaining, even to him -- or maybe, it must have been the person he was experiencing it with?

His beautifully contrasting iris locked on the girl. Despite her glued posture to him, she couldn't contain the awed and intrigued expression on her face, it was mesmerizing. His heart swelled.

"Let's go take a closer look," the man instructed, guiding her closer as the dancers dispersed towards the crowds, dancing in unison and singing as they impressed every person around.

Kenshin couldn't feel any happier as there were no longer any signs of the sadness the girl was feeling, her entire attention was on the breathtaking scene in front of her. The festival soon died down, but it was clear on the girl's face that she didn't want it to end.

"Is it over already?" a small pout formed on her lips and he couldn't help but smile and cup her cheeks.

"No, they are making preparation during the night, that is why we will be staying at an inn for the night, we can wait there until then and return home in the morning," his lips captured hers in a sweet kiss.

"A festival of lights?" her eyes gleamed. Kenshin chuckled softly before nodded and holding her hand tightly before heading back to the horse, in the direction of the inn.

****

They shared yet another kiss as the girl was securely sat between his legs.

"Mmh," he sighed, leaning his forehead against hers as he rubbed circles in her hips.

"I love you," she murmured as she watched his beautiful profile pour a cup of sake.

"I love you too," his eyes held a heat-clenchingly soft gaze as he guided the cup to her mouth and watched as the liquid dispersed on her tongue.

"Mmh, this one is very nice," she admitted, "better than the previous ones.

"Let me see," he guided her mouth to his and kissed her again, inserting his tongue into her teasingly.

"Definitely delicious," he smirked as he distinguished her flush look as he pulled away.

"You said that for all the previous one." she frowned in confusion.

"Well, it appears sake tastes better from your lips than any cup created,"

(Y/N) felt her cheeks burn once more and she looked away shyly.

"I feel a little dizzy," she admitted, the woman couldn't tell whether it was because of the sake tasting or the breathtaking kiss that caught her off guard.

"Let's get some fresh air, and the festival should be starting again soon," he helped her off the futon and guided her outside.

"Tell me if you get cold, I will warm you up," his lips kissed her forehead as he slid the door closed behind them.

Comments, votes and feedback improve motivation, writing and publishing, so it is in your best interest to leave some! :)