Motonari Mori x Reader - "Depth Of The Deep Blue Sea"

Waking up one morning didn't go as planned when a storm brews up quickly and sends you flying into the irritated waters below. Fortunately for you, your boyfriend jumped in after you without a second thought, not caring if his life was put on the line if it meant yours was spared. When you regain consciousness the same evening, you find Motonari in a terrible state. 

Requested on Tumblr: "So, this is a request for when they are open again

Requested on Tumblr: "So, this is a request for when they are open again. I'd like a Motonari oneshot if that's not too much work. It can be Lemon or Floof."

Warning: fluff, smut and maybe a pinch of angst?

Placing one of his jackets around her shoulders, the girl strode out of their suite, watching everyone busy at work. A small smile appeared on her face as she spoted the familiar outline of the man she loved. Slowly, the woman crept up behind him and slid her arms around his waist, cheek against his shoulder.

Motonari tensed, before relaxing after recognising her slender arms. Turning around in her embrace, his cheeks flushed cutely at the display of affection, something they had worked long and hard at achieving together.

"Good morning," she beamed, reaching up to peck his lips.

"Mornin'." His beautiful husky voice chuckled, capturing her lips in a longer kiss. He was slowly getting used to public displays of affection but that didn't stop his ears turning slightly red and hot as he practiced it.

"You're cute." (Y/N) chuckled. That didn't help his case -- in fact, it made it worse, and he had to look away before his heart melted completely.

"How are ya, sweetheart?" He hummed, keeping her waist locked between his arms as they gazed from the deck.

"Good, have you had breakfast, my love?" (Y/N) murmured, leaning her head back against his collarbone to glance up at his, pecking his chin.

"No, I wanted to wait for ya." She frowned cutely, pouting.

"You're not hungry at least, are you?"

"Not really." he was such a cutie.

"Good, now is a good time to feed you before you eat everything." The woman teased. A small chuckle escaped his throat. Grasping his hand, she interlaced her fingers in his, ready to pull him right back inside.

"Captain," one of his men interrupted.

"What?" Motonari asked bitterly, demeanour changing completely.

"We've got news," he glanced at (Y/N), hinting that it best not be heard by her.

"Wait for me, I'll be right there," he nodded to his one and only.

"Alright." the woman walked towards the side of the ship, elbows on the railing and gazing at the deep blue sea that extended far into the horizon. It was always a little scary to her, being surrounded by this unknown, mysterious, dangerous body of water. It felt more or less the same for Motonari when (Y/N) stepped into his life.