Kenshin Uesugi x Reader - "Can't Love You More"

After war council, Kenshin searches for you and falls even more in love with you when he finds you caring for his bunnies.

Requested on Tumblr: "Could i ask for a Uesugi Kenshin piece? Where Mc is outside in the garden caring for his bunnies and talking to them or quietly singing to them, he just stares in awe at his lover and he's just like "yup I'm so so so in love with that woman".And just walks up to cuddle with her(it is okay if you don't do it,sweetheart!oh and i wish you good luck with your exams!!)"

A/N: Hope you like it! ^^

Warning: soft Kenshin, floof

He nodded his head, dismissing everyone before standing up and walking out. Another war council finished. Strolling out of the castle, he took a deep breath before searching for his girl. For once, he was very calm during his journey on finding (Y/N).

Kenshin made a quick stop in town to buy her favourite food before heading towards her favourite place where he guessed she might end up. Holding the small delicate package in his hand, he marched through the low hanging trees. It was pleasantly windy, making the numerous cherry blossom petals dance through the air with their leafy partners from other trees.

Suddenly, he halted. A soothing sound could be distinguished in the wind. Kenshin's feet guided him to the source of the mesmerising voice. He stopped beside on of the trees as a very gentle smile found it's way on his flawless face.

A short distance away from him sat (Y/N), beside the small river stream near the bench. Her beautiful hair flowed slowly with the rhythm of the wind. Three small balls of white was surrounding her.

The Dragon felt his heart swell as he was able to distinguish his bunnies. He moved a little closer to hear what she was singing.

Unfortunately, just as he got into hearing distance, (Y/N) stopped singing and started talking to them soothingly.

"Are you guys hungry? I'm not sure if Kenshin has fed you yet, when we finish our small outing, I'll go find out for you guys," she nuzzled one of the bunnies as it sniffed in her general direction.

"Aren't you guys the cutest," she chuckled as one of them made another jump out of their skins.

A small squeak escaped her lips as a hand patted her head before the person in question sat down beside her and placed his legs either side of her.

"Kenshin," she cooed as his arms draped around her waist and his lips found their way against her cheek.

"I see you are entertained," he murmured against her skin. Trailing his small kisses down her neck.

"Stooop," she scrunched her nose, "it tickles," her face flushed a little as he nipped at her skin, making her lay her cheek against him in an attempt to push him away.

"You like it," he teased, nuzzling her ear and watching as two rabbits jumped on her lap and the other inspected Kenshin's foot.

"How long have you been here?" she asked, tilting her heat to peck his lips.

"Long enough to be reminded that my heart belongs to you," He wore the sweetest and most gentle smile she's ever seen on him and she couldn't help but smile shyly, hiding away from him. She felt her heart melt into her stomach, at this rate, it might just turn her into a puddle.

"Let's go feed them," The girl proposed, kissing his chin.

"I brought food for all of you," He smiled, placing the small package in her lap after making sure the rabbits moved away from her. The girl delicately peeled the package open, grinning softly as she distinguished her favourite snack and a few treats for the bunnies.

"How did you know I was with the bunnies?" she pulled his hands back tightly around her waist.

"I was in town to buy you this and since I didn't feed them yet, I thought I would buy them a few treats as well," he kissed her earlobe.

"Aw, you're cute," she chuckled, caressing his cheek as he nuzzled her neck.

Suddenly, the bunnies interrupted the moment as they climbed on her legs again.

Kenshin instinctively lifted the girl's pastry out of reach of the little rodents.

"I'll feed the rabbits," she announced, grasping a few treats between her fingertips.

"And I'll feed you," he smiled softly, pulled her against his shoulder. A soft chuckle escaped his lips as he perceived her surprised expression. Holding her palm open, she watched as the small fluff balls sniffed her hand curiously before taking the small treats in their mouth and eating them eagerly.

"Your turn," he murmured, hovering an end of the dessert to her mouth. She took a small bit and humming.

"Mmh, just as delicious as I remember." she felt herself swoon as she swallowed the small piece of heaven. Kenshin nuzzled her cheek again, peeling a piece of the savoury dessert and moving it to her mouth.

"Open wide," he instructed. The girl shifted to reach for it but it was quickly pushed out of her reached.

"Kensh-"

She was quickly interrupted by his lips against hers. A small gasped escaped her as he smirked in the kiss, cupping her cheek to pull her closer.

"Careful, the bunnies," she whispered as he grasped her waist tightly. His attention peeled away from her momentarily to carefully set the bunnies beside him, before pushing the girl softly against the grass.

She giggled as he grasped her wrists, kissing her hands softly and keeping his soft gaze on her.

"Stooop, that tickles," she laughed as he hovered over her.

"I love you," he muttered, caressing her cheek and keeping her against the ground.

"I love you too," she breathed out against his lips before his captured hers into another hungry kiss. Her hands held onto his shoulders as his desperately held onto her hips.

"K-Kenshin, we're in public," she blushed at the idea of anyone seeing them. The Dragon sat back up, smiling.

"I just wanted to see your pretty cheeks flush," he bit his lip in satisfaction as her cheeks became even more heated.

Sitting up, the girl stared at him as he maintained eye contact with her with amusement. The man reached out for her and sat him on his lap as she straddled him, he kept himself up with his arms as she kept her balance by clamping her palms down on his shoulders.

Outstretching his arm, he cradles Ume in his hand and placed her in the girl's lap before repeating the action with the last two bunnies.

"Let's stay like this for a bit," he proposed, caressing her thigh.

Comments, votes and feedback improve motivation, writing and publishing, so it is in your best interest to leave some! :)