6. The Invitation

Harry/Taylor

It's just before seven o'clock. In a few minutes we are invited to our neighbours. Taylor plucks her hair impatiently. 

"Leave it alone. You look beautiful, honey."

 I have to smile at her sight. Her red dress nestles tightly against her body and shows off her figure. For my taste she is a bit overdressed. She's nervous: 

"Don't you wear a tie with the black shirt?" she asks and digs in the closet.

 "Tie? What for? Taylor, it's a date and not an official event."

 I chose dark jeans and a tight black shirt. The button placket is half open. Perfect. 

"Let's finally go, Harry. I don't like to be late."

Zayn

 Gigi runs through our house for the better part of an hour. It's almost unbearable. She wipes some dust there, polishes a faucet there. I simply don't understand it. I mean, our neighbours are coming. They are neither the Queen nor any superstars. So why all the effort?

"Now stop cleaning! That makes me totally nervous!" Gigi looks at me angrily.

 "The first impressions count, Zayn," she replies and now focuses herself to the table decoration for the hundredth time. 

"Do we have enough wine? Are the glasses clean too", she shouts to me.

 I shrug my shoulders and disappear into the studio. 

"Zaynie...please change your clothes. I've already put them on your bed," I hear.

 "Why I have to change my clothes? I'm dressed after all", I complain.

 What's the big deal?It's just a date with the Styles. I am at home and wear comfortable clothes. That's it!

 "Come on. The old shirt and the pants. You have paint all over you ...you're not serious, are you?" 

She presses a delicate kiss on my temple and I give in reluctantly.

 "But I'm not wearing a suit!

When I refreshed myself and then changed my clothes, I hear the doorbell ringing. They are coming, I sigh. Well then, Malik, hope you have a shitty night! I am winking at myself in the mirror.

"Good evening, Harry and Taylor. Come in, please," I hear my wife say in a friendly manner. 

"I'm glad you came."

 From the upper floor I can see the couple coming into our living room. She is wearing a tight red dress. He wears jeans and a shirt. Thank God, he isn't wearing a suit either. His fluffy curls gently falling over his shoulders . The Styles stand uncomfortable before they sit down at the large table. Gigi clears her throat.

 "Where is Zayn? I'll be right back," she says visibly annoyed. 

"He's always late." Then she sprints up the stairs. 

"Damn it, Zayn, where are you? It's totally rude of you to keep us waiting." 

Annoyed she stands in front of me. 

"Be patient, I'm coming." We both go downstairs arm in arm. 

"So, there he is, the artist. Late, as always. I'm sorry," Gigi says to both.