29. Green

Louis

When she pulls out the two last paintings, my whole body tingles. I am curious about the look on her face. The poor unsuspecting one doesn't know what to expect yet. I almost feel a little sorry for her. It drops a bombshell in a minute and the second step has been taken. I saw earlier in her eyes, there are tensions in the marriage and I benefit from it.

"Well, there are still two paintings", I hear her say. "There's certainly also your portrait, Louis," she says confidently. Out of breath she pulls out the huge paintings and takes down the cover from the first.

And indeed, the very first painting graces my beautiful face. Zayn captured my face pretty well. I am impressed. Gigi didn't promised a lot. The artwork right behind it remains unseen by her.  I guess I'll help things along if I want to be successful.

"And he did rather a good job with the likeness, Louis. Really a successful work. Don't you think so?" she praises her husband. If you knew who he painted so much better, I'd like to say. 

"Oh, truly.I am beauty personified " I laugh.

"What was painted on the other one?" I spur on her curiosity.

"I don't know, Lou."

"Come on, let's have a look, Gigi. I'm curious to see who else your husband painted. Maybe there's a pretty woman for me."

"Are you looking for a woman, Louis? You don't have to. With the looks of yours you must have all the ladies drooling at your feet." she answers astonished.

The ladies are at my feet, but unfortunately your hot husband is not yet, it comes to my mind.

"Well, I can't complain about it. I'm still waiting for the right person to come along." I grumble.

"So let's take a look at the lady, Gigi."

Laughing, she removes the cover.

When we both look at the painting with excitement, I am speechless. This is true perfection. Gigi looks spellbound at the blaze of the colours and stared at it, open-mouthed.

We see striking intense green colour - nothing else but all shades of green that are rich, mysterious and fascinating. I don't know what to say. The colours are excellently mixed and arranged with each other. They remind me of something. What does this remind me of? Golden speckles are on the canvas and complement the different shades of green. Beautiful, just beautiful.

"What did Zayn paint?" she breathes. "It's just wonderful. Zayn is a genius."

I nod.

"I didn't know that green color could be so multifaceted." I say.

"Those are green eyes, you might think."

We puzzle over the painting. We look at it from a distance. And indeed, the eyes are clearly visible on the painting.

"Zayn painted eyes," I say.

"What eyes! Wonderful. I can't take my eyes off it," she adds.

Zayn is not only beautiful, but also brilliant. He really ruined my plan with that. Where did he hide Harry's portrait? My hopes were too high. Instead, he put a green picture on the wall, which graces Harry's eyes, but don't clearly show it. Damn it! Malik.

I'll take a final attempt, though. I will not give up so easily.

"Whose eyes are those? Do you have an idea, Gigi?"

She pinches her eyebrows together, purses her pink lips and tilts her head a little.

"Mmmhhhh....I have no idea," she says. "I do not know whose eyes Zayn painted, but it must be a beautiful creature."

Before I can add anything, we hear footsteps on the stairs. Gigi rushes out the door and I hear her greeting Zayn.

"You're already back, darling?"

"I told you I wouldn't stay long, Honey."

When he comes to the studio, his blood freezes in his veins. His gaze wanders nervously at the work of art. 

"What are you two doing here? And what are you snooping around in my paintings?" he snorts angrily.

"Zaynie...this painting is incredible, isn't it, Lou?"

I nod and smile mysteriously. Zayn knows exactly what I am thinking about and with his behaviour he confirms my suspicion. So I was right. It is Harry's eyes that grace the canvas.

"We wondered who posed for this painting, Zayn?" I ask.

"There was no model. This is pure fantasy." he says.

"Oh, come on. Pure fantasy. You can't be serious! Look at those eyes", I reply.

"Those eyes seems familiar. Who do they remind me of? Gigi do you have an idea?"

Gigi shrugs her shoulders and doesn't really think about it. What a shame, I think. Suddenly the doorbell rings again. Zayn jumps up and runs down into the hall . He breathes a sigh of relief that he is able to escape from this oppressive situation and leave us alone with his implausible answer.

When he comes back, his irresistible neighbour follows him. I can see his tangled hair behind Zayn. Harry stands behind the painter and looks over his shoulder into the room. His green eyes shine. Gigi doesn't notice him.

Zayn

"Zayn, you forgot your wallet. I thought you needed it tomorrow," he whispers.

I'm trying not to let Harry into the studio, and I'm blocking his view. The two of them spotted my painting. If they now face my beautiful Hazza, it's the end of everything. Gigi and this creep secretly snooped around in my stuff and found my painting. So I turn to Harry and murmur in his ear:

"Thank you, Haz. Let's not go to the studio. Let's go to the garden," I say, pushing Harry towards the stairs.

"Why then? Do you have anything to hide?" he asks and looks at me in amazement.

"Louis is there. He saw a painting of you," I explain to him in a hurry.

"Whaat, a painting of me? You have painted me?"

"No portrait, Curly. But a work of art from your emerald green eyes," I breathe and grab his hand.

"Be glad that I have not drawn a nude of you yet," I wheeze in his ear.

Meanwhile we have reached the garden and inhale the mild summer air. I am frustrated because Louis is in the house with my wife. What does he want here anyway and how long has he been with her?

"Is it very obvious that you have painted my eyes?" I hear Harry ask.

"Maybe. The risk is too great as long as the snooper is upstairs."

"And what do we do now?" asks the curly head.

"Let's get out of here first, Hazza."