53. Sense and Sensibility

Harry

My talk with Zayn broke down so miserably that we didn't see each other again. There was no phone call or message between us afterwards. He simply didn't understand that I can't give up everything - not even for him. For Zayn I' m a liar and a coward. Zayn was very disappointed and didn't say a word about us or talk to me. I know it is the end of our relationship without saying it. We both live our own lives. Well, I'm going to miss him.

Every night I cry myself to sleep and try to hide my tears from Taylor. My whole body is numb with longing, my head is hurting with memories and I think about how I will survive all this. The days are very long and lonely without him. Again and again I look up to his studio in vain and know that nobody will stand at the window. Life in the country has become a nightmare. The loneliness and the silence are eating me up. I cannot forget Zayn.

Last weekend was a complete disaster. When Gigi came back from her journey, there was a violent row at the Malik house. Zayn actually made it happen. He broke up with his wife - with all the consequences. The blonde raged in indignation, howled for hours out of desperation and threw things at him. All the neighbours were able to see the spectacle, it was so loud. It was horrible. Nobody could do anything about it. Taylor was inclined to intervene in it, but I was able to stop her. It's Zayn's decision and I respect that. The Pakistani man put up with all this and stayed calm. Yesterday a removal van arrived and picked up some furniture... there was no trace of Zayn. He didn't show up. Gigi, on the other hand, went to her family and will probably stay there for a while.

Zayn

My work keeps me busy. I have so much to do that I hardly have a breather. That's a good thing. I've been officially living in my apartment for a week now - without having to hide it. The meeting with Gigi did not go any differently than expected. We broke up. My wife was possessed by the devil. She screamed, she cried, she threw plates and cups at me and I couldn't even be mad at her. I deserved it that way. That Harry was the reason for all this, I didn't mention. It doesn't matter now either, because it's over. Harry was just the trigger.

Some new clients have contacted me. This is exactly what I need at the moment - a new goal. There is an exhibition of my portraits in London and a big publishing house wants me to design the entrance hall. When the word "publishing house" came up, I had to think first. Maybe Harry works for it. But since he is writing exclusively at home, there is hardly any risk of running into each other by chance. I will discuss the details on the spot today.