16. Disillusion

Harry

The alcohol has let us all sleep well. My last thought was still for Zayn and my first for Zayn. He's probably still in bed. I would  give anything to take a look at him and kiss him gently awake. Still quite sleepy I walk into the kitchen. I'm alone; Taylor is at work.

The coffee smells lovely and eggs are sizzling in the pan. I cheerily hum a melody. My gaze wanders outside. The sun is shining and I decide to have breakfast outside. On the neighbouring property I hear loud talk. I'm trying to stretch out to see who's visiting.

Black hair, darker skin tone - it's Zayn. But he's not alone. A closer look I recognize a young, pretty woman. She has blond, long hair and tilts her head. She is obviously flirting with him. My breakfast is immediately forgotten and gets cold. The hustle and bustle next door is much more interesting for me than my own work. Zayn laughs merrily. What a cheerful nature he is all of a sudden, I grimly realize. I am annoyed by his childish behaviour. What the fuck?

When I letting my thoughts run free, he spotted me. 

"Good morning, neighbour," it sounds over to me. 

"Morning", I grumble back. 

The blonde looks at me and is visibly annoyed, because Zayn's attention is not on her right now. I seem to interrupt her rendezvous with God. Her blue beady eyes are flashing with anger. Now he runs to the fence and hangs his upper body over it. 

"You're late today," he jokes. 

Just you wait, I'll show you! His boldness to flirt with this ridiculous blonde deserves a little whupping.

 "I had a late, exhausting night." He looks puzzled.

 "The early bird catches the worm, Harry." 

Okay, that hit home! All right, That's one up to you! I'm angry  at this outrageous comment. 

"Well, don't keep the lady and your worm waiting, Zaynie!" 

With this sentence I turn around and want to leave as Zayn responds:

 "Styles, please come back!" 

The pitch sounds dangerous. 

"What for?" I ask .

 As soon as he reaches the fence he grabs my hands and hisses:

 "What's this snotty remark supposed to mean? Are you jealous?"

 I can't think of anything spontaneously. Speechless and ashamed I stand there. 

The silence is interrupted by him.

 "Let me touch you, babe," he asks quietly.

 My heart stops for a moment. 

"I forgot the feel of you," he continues.

 I wake up from my dream and answer him:

 "You have company now, Zayn, who likes to be touched by you, BABY!"

 "Come on, Harry. What is this nonsense all about? She's my model. I'm just portraying her."

 Oh, he portrays her. Is that supposed to be an excuse for him flirting with her in the garden? 

"I don't care," I mumble.

 "Baby, come on. Let me touch you. Just for a little moment," he complains.

 I'm getting closer to the fence. 

"Let me feel your wonderful body. I miss you. I long for your lips and your..."