49. Two's company, three's a crowd

Harry

Zayn just dumped me, replaced me with this beautiful big guy he picked up in some pub - just like that.

When I visited Louis in the hospital and he lay there so motionless after his operation, connected to hundreds of tubes and other medical equipment, I had suddenly forgotten my Zayn. He just wasn't important at that moment. I just wanted Louis to live. Of course I could have let him know so he wouldn't wait for me. But that evening everything was so chaotic and I had simply forgotten. What is so bad about it? Does he therefore have to doubt my love? If only Zayn had just listened to me.

I'm just not even able to put one foot in front of the other right now. My whole body seems paralyzed and shakes terribly. So I squat, howling, unable to move in the musty stairwell and hear him crying on the other side of the door as well. We are separated only by the door and a lot of misunderstandings.

"Zaaayynn," I sob and tears are running down my cheeks. "Listen to me. I beg you. I can't live without you. I love you Zee."

My whimpering gets louder and louder and behind the wing door it rustles. But nobody speaks - no Liam, no Zayn.

"Go home Harry. Let us not make things more complicated than they already are," he croaks after all.

"I won't leave until you've heard me," I reply defiantly.

"Harry, please...". He cries again, hitting the door with his head several times. I can feel it very clearly. The door glass vibrates with every blow and the shadows behind it also point to it.

"No, I'm not leaving. I'll stay out here until you listen to me. There is an important reason why I could not come and I would have been happy if it had come differently. Send this guy away and let me in,' I say desperately and in a louder tone.

Fear grips me that Zayn might hurt himself. The blows are beginning to sound more threatening.

"Send him away! You belong to me", I whine out of pure desperation and long for his arms in which I finally want to be again.

Behind the mighty wooden door there is no sound to be heard. Zayn must have gone into the room. I decide to stay despite everything. I have time. I love Zayn and will not give him up just like that.

I'll wait for him - a lifetime if I have to.

Zayn

The world is upside down, emotional turmoil everywhere. 

My life is a mess. In the living room lies the bartender, who was suffering from fatigue, in front of my apartment door sits the love of my life and cries his eyes out of his head and on the outskirts of the city my wife is waiting for me, whom I have given up. What should I do?

My head is aching and my stomach too. The taste of the red wine is still on my tongue and my stomach is demanding solid food. As I go into the kitchen, I caught a glimpse of Liam, who has fallen asleep on the sofa. I breathe a sigh of relief. Anyway, I don't feel like having sex anymore. Since Harry showed up next to him in the stairwell, my lust was suddenly gone. I also don't know exactly why I was so crazy about Liam. Maybe because he gave me the feeling of being desired? Because he wanted me after Harry hadn't contacted me?