13. The Barbecue

I dedicate this chapter to my faithful readers AdrielleDee & dziiann . Thank you!

Harry

Harry's kind of confused today. He slides restlessly back and forth on his chair. 

"You're already drinking the third cup of coffee, honey. Is everything all right?" I ask him.

He's startled from his thoughts.

"What are you saying? He is sitting there again, thinking.

"Do you have something on your mind? You seem so confused, darling."

Harry rises and puts his dirty dishes in the sink.

"No, it's nothing. I'm behind on my book . Somehow I run out of ideas. That annoys me. My mind is blank. At one moment I have the idea and at the other moment I don't know what I wanted to write," I lie.

There is no way I can tell her the truth. Zayn keeps me busy every minute and keeps me from writing. I constantly have to think of his words:

"Nobody has to know - just the two of us".

I wouldn't mind actually.
His kisses were too tender. Being seduced by a man again is turning me on than anything else. I would have loved to give in to temptation.

Taylor's putting the rest of the stuff in the fridge.

"By the way, I invited Gigi and Zayn to barbecue tonight. The weather is wonderful. On this occasion shall we christen our swimming pool. What do you think?" She looks expectantly at me.

"Umm, is this really necessary? We could christen the pool on our own," I reply.

I already know how this is going to end. I'm also not telling her that I was in the pool with Zayn already.

"Oh, you're a such a buzzkill, you know that?"

Taylor hugs me and kisses me on the cheeks.

" When they're gone, we can still have fun," she whispers.

I nod and I get scared at the thought that Zayn will be here tonight.

"Okay."

 Zayn

"Put on something nice, Zaynie! We're going to the Styles!," Gigi calls to me.

"And pack the swim trunks!"

 I cut my chin while shaving. Damn, I think. The razor blade is smeared with blood.

"We're going to our neighbors?"

The day before yesterday I would have been overjoyed at the invitation. However, after Harry rejected me, I don't want to see him tonight. He spoilt it for me.

"Do we have to go?" I ask and stick a plaster on the cut. 

"Aw, why the long face, grumpy? Taylor and I decided it and that's final. We hardly see each other and I'm tempted to jump in the sky-blue pool water. It's such a warm summer night. Let's all chill together, shall we?" she sulks. 

I'm looking for my trunks. Secretly, I'd rather bathe naked - just like then. But since there will be four of us tonight, I reject the idea.