14. The Barbecue 2

Zayn

When I come into the garden with my lukewarm milkshake, I see Gigi and Taylor talking eagerly to each other. Outside it's still hot and muggy and the covered terrace provides shade. Gigi looks at me reproachfully. 

"Where have you been so long?"

 I take a seat next to her. 

"We had to cut the strawberries first," I say in apology. 

"Since when do you like milkshake, Zayn?" she wants to know. 

"I just felt like it." I mumble.

 Meanwhile Harry is also joining us and sits awkwardly next to his wife. She pinches his cheek lovingly. She treats him like a baby, I realize and roll my eyes. My goodness, this cow is annoying. I'm secretly glad that Gigi doesn't have such girlish behaviour. What the hell does he see in her? Well, granted, she is very beautiful to look at and friendly. But how can Harry stand her voice? Besides, I don't think she's as educated as he is. Harry is special. Harry is mysterious. Harry is smart. I wonder if she actually knows about his flings with men, or if this would throw the little dummy completely off track if she knew.

"Who is up for a swim?" asks the blonde and claps her hands. 

Gigi immediately rips off her clothes and stands there in her bright red bikini. I look at her in admiration and put my hand on her little bum. I kiss her on the shoulder and she giggles. She looks gorgeous and twist her long hair into a bun. When I look over at Harry, I see jealousy. It's written all over his face. Our eyes meet and he gasps for air. Visibly angry, he turns to his drink and takes a big gulp. I'd like to laugh out loud with malicious joy. Styles, I want to say, my game has just begun and you're the main actor.

Taylor is also wearing her Bikini now and is splashing with Gigi in the clear water.

 "Come on! It's refreshing, guys. Come on in!" she shouts to us. 

Harry shakes his head. 

"No thanks, darling. I don't feel like it. Maybe I'll join you later," he replies. 

"Zayn? What about you?" Gigi screams.

 "Come on!" 

She's splashing pool water with her hand in my direction. The glittering water droplets evaporate in the hot air. 

"Give me five minutes, baby," I reply and join Harry again.

"You seem so tense, Harry. Relax. Enjoy the wonderful weather," I tease. 

He takes another sip from his drink and pours his glass full. 

"Why does everyone find me tense today," he groals. 

His fingers run through his brown curls. 

"I'm fine and I am completely relaxed," he adds.

 I have upset him, I notice. I'm his sensitive spot - like his Achillis Heel. Harry is upset and confused. He senses the danger of cheating on Taylor with me. It's driving him mad. Maybe I should leave him alone. I don't intend to leave Gigi because of Harry. Gigi is my wife, whom I deeply adore and love. Harry is just my hot neighbor. He is my fling, my daily highlight in my monotonous life of an artist.