11. Shake it off

Harry

I've been sitting over my manuscript for hours, but I'm stuck and can't finish the chapter. This is so depressing. In my study, crumpled paper is scattered all over the floor. Taylor would laugh if she see the mess. Maybe I need a small creative break. So I decide to make myself a milkshake. This expand my mind and feed my creativity. Even my mother swears by it. 

In the kitchen I cut fresh strawberries and chop them in a blender. When I want to take the milk out of the fridge, is all I can see, the fridge is gaping empty again. Crap. No milk in the house. What should I do now? The grocery store is too far away and Taylor took the car. Great. I dial her number. 

"Hello," she calls through the line. 

"Honey, it's me. Tell me, where is the milk? I was just about to make myself a milkshake and there's no milk in the fridge." I answer.

 "Oh, Darling. I had completely forgotten that we didn't have any more. I'll buy some today, okay?" 

I can't believe it! 

 "Why don't you run over to Gigi's place. She must have milk," she says and hangs up.

 Oh no, I don't want to go over to the Malik's ....but I'm already on my way.

I clear my throat and press the bell button. Footsteps approaching. I pray that it's Gigi and not Zayn who opens the door. Gigi looks through the door gap. Thank God.

"Harry, what brings you around?," she asks in a friendly way.

 "Please come in." And then she disappears into the hallway.

 I enter the house in embarrassement and follow her into the living room.

 "Honey? Please come downstairs. Harry is here!" 

Oh no, not Zayn, it's pounding in my head. 

"Gigi, I just wanted to ask for some milk," I say excitedly.

 "Oh, of course. Wait a minute. I'll get some from the pantry," she replies and disappears. 

I wait patiently.

 "Milk cheers up tired chaps, doesn't it?", it suddenly echoes through the living room.

 A cheerfully grinning Zayn comes running down the stairs.

 "Good morning to you too," I answer annoyed. 

"What makes you think so? I just wanted to make myself a milkshake," I explain my situation. 

"Well, last night must have been pretty exhausting, didn't it, Harry?"

 He laughs at his ambiguous remark. Now I blush and look down on the floor. Luckily Gigi comes back in and hands me the bottle.

 "Thank you, Gigi. That's very nice of you." 

Relieved, I want to leave. 

"Darling, you're a lifesaver, you know? Our neighbour suffers from total tiredness. Who knows what he is doing at night. The last night must have weakened his body a lot," he jokes.