63. The King and Queen

Zayn

With a coffee in one hand and another cigarette in the other, I'm still standing on the terrace. On the table in front of me the order forms are lying and fluttering in the light summer wind.

Gavin just left and I take a look at the paperwork. Damn, now everything is depends on me. Quite listlessly I reach for the phone and dial the caterer' s phone number. The conversation goes smoothly and the delicious snacks will be delivered an hour before the private view starts. However, I have less luck with the florist. Nobody answers the phone.

"Gavin?", I'm yelling across the hall. "Gavin! Come over here !"

A few seconds later my friend rushes along the corridor and enters the big terrace.

"What's up?", he asks out of breath.

I point my finger at the left note. "The food delivery is on its way, but nobody answered the phone at the flower shop."

"Zayn", he growls. "It's already late and we can't decorate the gallery just before the start of the opening. Why doesn't anyone answer the phone?"

Angry and visibly nervous, he kicks the railing.

"Well, you'll have to go to the flower shop."

"Whaaat? Something must be wrong with my ears! Why me," I whine, crossing my arms in front of my chest. " That's out of the question, Rossdale. I'm not doing that. That's not my job."

"Oh, yes, you do, in this case you will. Your arrogance won't help you - artist or not. Now get your sexy ass over there to sort it out! Don't argue with me, all right? After all, I can't take care of everything," he snaps and waves his hands. "And do me a favor and finally stop smoking! You'll ruin your body like that."

"Shall I pick the flowers myself from the meadow?" 

Unfortunately my sarcasm has no effect on him.

Instead, Rossdale points to the table . "The address is on it," he says and taps on the order form. "You can walk because it's just around the corner. Now go ahead and I prefer not to discuss the matter any further."

Then he turns around and hurries to the next meeting.

That's great. Just before the opening, the famous Malik becomes his own errand boy. Have you heard anything like that before?

Annoyed, I am on my way to the florist. It's actually not far from the gallery and the closer I get the more uncomfortable I get. I was here only days ago. It's the same shop where I ordered the flowers for Harry. That's all I needed! In the hope that the shop assistant won't remember me, I enter.