Chapter : 17

Aashna's Pov :

I was so confused on what should I wear today. I want to look pretty but at the same time I want to look decent. Blue or black? Blue fits perfectly on me but it is over designed it might seem that it's my sister's reception and I look quite fat in black. What should I do now? I again scanned my wardrobe but found nothing good. I hardly wear Indian and that too in the weddings of my close relatives. All the dresses I have were designed and I can't wear that for the reception. What am I going to do now? There's only one person who can help me now, didi! I went to her room and told her about my problem.

"You are seriously a very silly girl.” Was her first comment.

"Come on di, help me now please.” I said and together we went to my room. She scanned my wardrobe and took a pink colour gown out of it.

"This, wear this one.” She said handling me the gown.

" But don't you think it's over designed?” I said and she just glared at me and then signalled me to get ready fast. I was a bit confused on wearing it but then I decided to wear it. Who is going to see me there? I hardly know anyone there. I sighed and got ready.

"You both are looking so pretty.” Mom said the moment we went downstairs and I went and hugged her. We bid our goodbye to her and left. We took a cab for our destination. I have never been to that place before so I have no idea on where the driver was driving. On the way I was busy scrolling my Instagram and Di was busy calling her friends. After sometime the driver stopped the car and I went out and saw a five-star hotel in front of me. Elegance!! Was the only word by which I can describe that place.

We waited outside the hotel just because Di's friends were not here yet. I hate people who don't respect time! I was dying to go inside, I was tired of standing and that too in heels, my legs were hurting so badly. After full twenty minutes her friends came and we went inside. As soon as we reached the location I sat on a chair. Finally! Di and her friends went to restroom where as I decided to stay here only. Frankly speaking, I was not in the mood of walking now. I regret wearing this heels today.

I looked at the people near me all were so beautifully dressed. All were with their families and here I'm sitting alone. I took my phone and decided to call someone as I was bored but then a very pretty girl came and sat in front of me.

"Hi.” She said and I politely replied the same.

"You are Aashna right?” She asked and I nodded. How does she know my name? Do I know her? No, I don't remember seeing her before.

"Sorry but do I know you?” I asked and then what she replied was out of my understanding. She replied so speedily that I was hardly able to understand any word. So I looked at her blankly, trying to recall what she said.

' I know you but you don't know me but don't worry, you will get to know it soon and then you will know me.'

"Chill, I’m your friends sister.” She said and I was about to ask, who's sister is she but then I heard something.

"She is my sister."

I turned around and saw Aarav standing there in his navy blue evening coat paired with sky blue shirt. Why he always has to look so... So.... So. I literally felt short for the words to describe him right now.

"If You both are done with your staring thing, can I introduce myself?” his sister said and I looked at her. I felt so embarrassed. I don't know for how much time I was staring at him.

"Why not? But let me take the pleasure to introduce you.” Aarav and his sister agreed happily.

"So Aashna, meet my sister Aananya, the spoiled brat.” Aarav said and Aananya glared at him.

"How are you here?” Aarav asked and I told him about my di's friendship with the bride. Even I asked him about how is he here and Came to know that, his family has a very good relation with both bride and groom's family. We got settled on the table and started chatting.

Aananya is very fun loving and talkative girl. She was going on talking and I kept on listening to her.

"You know, I'm so excited to see the newly wedded couple.” She said excitedly. Even I was so excited to see them, I have seen there pictures before and now I want to see them for real.

"Yeah, even I'm so excited.” I replied.

We kept on talking about the places we visited and other stuff. I was shocked in fact I was a bit jealous to know to places they both visited, I hardly get to travel because of Mom's school and dad's job. Unlucky me!

The waiter came and served us the drinks. I took the glass but Aarav and Aananya denied.

"I'm not going to drink it alone you both have to accompany me.” I said but they replied that they already had their drink but I forced them and eventually they agreed. I was busy playing with my finger ring when accidentally it felled down. Oops!

"Wait, I will get it for you.” Aarav said and bend to take it from the floor. 'I will take it for you' his sentence already brought butterflies in my stomach. He handed me the ring and I heard something falling down. I looked down and saw a 'lipstick'. No doubt it fell on Aarav's pocket. Does he apply lipstick? The question came in my mind and my eyes straight away went to his lips, luckily there was no lipstick. Silly me! I felt a cold shiver running down my spine so I quickly averted my gaze. Stop it Aashna!

"That's mine.” Aananya said and took the lipstick from his hand.

Finally after sometime the bride and groom came and the function started.
We were having so much of fun but then Aananya excused her self.

"You owe me.” She said to Aarav and went. Did I heard it right? Why would she say that? Whatever. Now it was only me and Aarav on the table. I felt my heart beat raising but I don't want to act stupid in front of him so I kept my mouth shut, it was only Aarav who was talking.

"You look beautiful today.” he said and I was again able to experience the same butterflies.

"Thank you.” I said shyly.

"You are also looking very handsome today.” I said.

"I know it already.” He said with a wink and that made me blush more.

He was telling me about his relatives and their business, almost every family there were his relative or close friend.

"Hey, Aarav my bro, how are you? ” Someone who seemed to be of Aarav's age said from behind but the look on Aarav's face clearly said that he was not happy to see him here.
Why? Who is he?

 Do vote and comment

........................................................................
Do vote and comment.
Thank you.