Chapter : 18

Aarav's Pov:

After Aananya excused herself I was alone with Aashna. We actually started talking and were having fun, I was so happy but I don't understand why my happiness don't last. I was definitely not happy to see Viren there, he is the only son of Mom's best friend. As much as I hated that he was here I didn't mean to be rude so I got up and hugged him.

"Hi, I'm fine. What about you?” I asked politely.

"I'm good!” He said and straight away went near the table where Aashna was sitting.

"Hi beautiful.” He said and I felt my blood boiling. He cannot talk to her like this. Aashna shyly greeted him and looked at me. I quickly went and sat next to her. I don't want Viren to talk with her so I started the conversation regarding his college and studies. The more I was trying to divert his attention from Aashna the more he was finding ways to talk with her. And on the other hand Aashna also got comfortable with him and started talking happily, as if they know each other for years and I was the one getting irritated to see them. please someone help me! I said and heard Aashna's phone ringing.

"Yeah, I'm coming.” She said on the phone. Where is she going now?

"Di is calling me to meet the bride, I have to go.” She said and I nodded. She went two steps ahead but then stopped.

"My phone.” She said and gestured towards her phone which was on the table. I quickly went and gave it to her before Viren can do it.

"Thank you.” She said and turned around to leave but then she lost her balance and was about to fall but I quickly stopped her and instead of falling on the ground, she fell in my arms. Fear was clearly visible in her eyes but soon it turned into relief. I was surprised on how light she was, she easily fitted in my arms. I never wanted to leave her but when I realized that she was steady on the floor, I left her.

"Thanks.” She said and went away and I went to the table where Viren was sitting.

"You just became her Knight in shining armour.” He teased and a smile appeared on my face.

After that we talked a lot about our life. I realized that he has changed a lot. I was even happy that he is not discussing anything about the topic which I want to avoid a lot.

After some time Aashna came back and got settled next to me. She was showing us the photos she clicked with the newly wedded couple and I must agree they actually looked perfect with each other.

"They are perfect match for each other.” Aashna said excitedly.

"Indeed they are!” Viren said.

"By the way, Aarav, where's Sanjana?” Viren asked.

This was something I was avoiding.

"I don't know.” I stated and looked at other direction.

"Who is Sanjana?” Aashna asked. What is wrong with her today? Can't she keep quite for sometime?

"Aarav's soul..."Viren was about to answer her question but I stopped him because I knew he will definitely answer her something which he is not supposed to say.

"She is the daughter of Mom's friend.” I said and she nodded.

"Come on man, how can you not know it? Tell me where is she?” Viren asked again. I damn badly want to avoid this topic before Aashna get suspicious.

"Probably getting ready. Leave, we will take a walk around the hall.” I suggested so that I don't have to face his more questions.

"Oh getting ready? Then she surely will take lot of time. After all she is getting ready for you.” he said with a malicious smile plastered on his face.

I was so embarrassed at that moment but somehow I managed to look at Aashna and saw her staring at me blankly.

I was wrong to think that Viren changed, but no he never changed and he never will!

I just wondered what I'm going to tell Aashna now?

Aashna's Pov:

I actually thought Viren as a clingy type of boy but I was wrong. He was quite good to talk with. We three were busy talking but then Di called me. Frankly speaking I was not interested to go, all I want to do was sit with Aarav but I had no option So I decided to go but this damn heels or should I say thank you to them? because of this heels I lost my balance, I literally thought that I will end on the floor but instead I fell in to strong arms, slowly I opened my eyes and saw Aarav holding me. His closeness was again making me weak, It felt like I'm going to fall now but somehow I managed to stay steady on the floor. He left me and I said thank you to him and left.

I went near Di and together we went to meet the newly wedded couple. I was so excited to meet them and when I finally saw them I was not able to control myself and hence I took picture of them. We then had a small photo session and then I came back and saw Aarav and Viren happily talking with each other. There was a smile on Aarav's face, the same smile which always makes my heart skip.

I went and sat next to him and started showing him the photos. But then Viren said something and Aarav's look changed. Viren asked Aarav about some girl named Sanjana, I wondered who she is? I was so desperate to know it and hence I asked same to Aarav. Again Viren was saying something but Aarav stopped him. As what I heard, Viren said that Sanjana is Aarav 'soul' did he mean to say was soulmate? I was getting a ill feeling but Aarav said that she is just daughter of his mom's friend. I got a bit relaxed but then what I heard made me so jealous that I was not interested to stand there anymore.

'Oh getting ready? Then she surely will take lot of time. After all she is getting ready for you.'

Why would she get ready for Aarav? Who is she? What's their Relation?

.....................................................................
Hope you like the chapter.
Do vote and comment.
Thank you