Chapter : 24

Aashna's pov:

"Why are you smiling?" Aarav said glancing at Sid. I looked at him and saw a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"Nothing." Sid replied. Aarav didn't say anything further as his phone rang and again it was Sanjana and even Aarav received the call. Can't she understand, he is driving?

"On my way. I will be there in maybe 15 minutes." He said on call.

"No girl, are you mad? By the way what are you doing there? Babysitting?"

"Yeah yeah, I know. I will drive safely. Bye." he said and kept the phone back to his place.

"Hey man, now you are surely going to say me why are you smiling?" Aarav said rather demanded when he once again noticed Sid smiling.

"Ok, I'm sorry, I eves dropped." Sid replied.

" Yeah, it's ok by the way it was very obvious for you to hear." Aarav replied.

"Girlfriend?" Sid asked and I was the one who waited for Aarav's reply.

"Best friend." was the only reply Aarav gave. After that Aarav dropped us near Sid's home. Sid said him thank you and after that Aarav went to his Car only after saying bye to me. He was sad and that was clearly visible in his voice. His eyes didn't had the spark which they have. Another thing which made me sad. First was, I don't know to whom he said baby? And now to see him sad. God, what is wrong with me?

Soon Sid dropped me to my home and as I went inside, I saw Mom smiling at me and before she can tease and ask me about today's dinner, I quickly said goodnight to her and went to my room. Sorry mom!

Aarav's pov:

"Where were you?" Aananya asked as I went inside Sanjana's home. It was a family get together as everyone said that it's been a long time since we all met and I very well knew that I was going to get so many lectures for not staying in contact with anyone plus even mom dad will scold me today because I guess it's been three days that I didn't went home nor went to meet them. I was so depressed when I came to know about the truth, I just wanted to stay alone and hence I avoided going home. Mom and dad kept calling me and I lied saying I have work but today morning when they told me about this get together, they gave me no chance to avoid it.

"I went to drop a friend of mine." I said but still she gave me suspicious look.

"What's wrong?" She asked blocking my way.

"It's nothing Aananya." I replied faking a smile but still her suspicious look didn't went away.

"Stop it." I said and took her with me to the place where Sanjana was babysitting all my nieces and nephew.
Poor girl! In all there were 3 nieces, Arya, Ruhi and Sweety and 2 nephews, Karthik and Vicky, Well third and my fav one was missing and I wonder where he is!!

"Hi everyone." I said and they all ran towards me. They all looked happy but I guess Sanjana was more happy to see me there.

"Thank god, you are here. Take care of them all. I'm tired." She said as she came and stood beside me.

"You didn't even played with us, how are you tired?" Ruhi mocked her where as me and Aananya were not able to control our laugh. Sanjana didn't say anything but even she gave me a suspicious look this time.

"Ok kids listen, Mom is calling you all for ice cream. Go fast." She said and everyone ran towards kitchen.

"I will go with them." Aananya said leaving me and Sanjana alone.

" What's wrong with you?" Sanjana asked.

"Nothing." I replied.

"Come on Aarav, you and I both know that you can't hide it from me, tell me what is it?" She demanded.

"Nothing much. I'm tired, you know, work load." I replied and next look she gave me clearly said that she knew I was lying.

"Where is Avi?" I asked her change the topic.

"Oh, that monster is really angry with you because you didn't came to meet him yesterday. I guess he is in his room."

"Yeah. Did you talked with mom and Dad?" I asked.

"I did. Don't worry they aren't angry with you. They are just worried." She said and I felt guilty for what I did.

"I'm sorry. I will go and talk with them. Till then please bring Avi." I said and she nodded.

"By the way, what's up with Abhi?" I asked and her expression changed. I heard that they had a fight again, well that was not new to us as they both were total opposite. I even asked Abhi about it but he refused to say anything.

"Nothing. Just leave it." She said and ran from there.

Later, after the dinner was over, Ruan called me and told me to meet him. It was mid night already and I was tired but usually he don't call me to meet this late but now that he did, I thought that there was something urgent and hence I went to meet him, only to hear the question which I have been asked so many times since this evening.

"What's wrong with you?"

"Nothing. Why are you all asking me this question? I'm completely fine." I said and sat beside him. He just looked at me and like a parrot I said what was inside my heart.

"It hurts to see her with someone else."

"You met her?" He asked and I told him about today and the day when she came to my office. He heaved a sigh and then faced me.

"What are you going to do now?" He asked.

"I don't know but I guess I will fly to L.A after your marriage." I said and the word marriage brought a unwilling smile on his face, which made me remind that even he and Kriya had a fight and that he still didn't forgive her.

"Wait, you still don't talk with her?" I asked but he didn't replied anything.

"Idiot, it's your marriage after two weeks and yet you guys are fighting like small kids."

"Marriage? There should trust in marriage, Aarav." He said coldly.

"Come on Ruan, don't act childish. She told me everything and when I'm not angry at her, why are you?" I asked but still there was no reply. He was angry that despite from the fact that Kriya knew about Aashna's engagement she didn't tell anything to us. I agreed that there might be some reason why she didn't and forgave her but Ruan, he was still angry.

"Please Ruan. Don't do this. Talk with her. She is really sorry for what she did and moreover it's not even her mistake." I said and he just gave a simple nod.

"If she would have said it, you would have been in better condition now." he replied looking blankly at the sky.

"Just go and call her man. Please." I said and again there was a nod.

"Now." I said but he refused to it so I took his phone and dialled Kriya's number and handed him back his throwing him out of his room so that he can talk with her.

Ruan's room brought so many memories back. His first birthday celebration with Kriya and my first night out with Aashna. Why can't I let her out of my mind?

Do vote and comment.
Thank you.