Chapter : 31

Aarav's pov:

I went in front of Abhi but I didn't knew what to tell him? And from where to start? So I just kept looking at him whereas he did the same. Every memory we had since our childhood flashed before my eyes. I never went so far away with out them, mostly all the distant trips we had were always together but now that I will not have them by side made my heart heavy.

"Are you guys just going to look at each other?" Sanjana interrupted. 

"I was confused on where to start but now I'm sure, what to tell you."

"She is very annoying sometimes. I wonder how you are going to tolerate her for the rest of life." I said and everyone laughed except for me and Sanjana, because I got the second punch from her.

"Take care bro." I said and hugged.

"You too. Call me if you ever need anything." He replied. I looked at Sanjana and again looked at him.

"I'm so happy for you. Stay happy and stay together forever." I said and moved to the next person, Siddharth. My heart still didn't accepted the fact that Aashna was marrying him. He is a good guy but I was always unhappy to see him with her and so I always tried to avoid him as much as possible. Even today when they both came, I wanted to meet Aashna but when I saw their hands intertwined, I felt my heartache and so I went from there.

"Hi." I said.

"Hi, I wasn't knowing you are going from here." He said.

"Need a change." I replied.

"Anyway, I'm sorry if I ever did something wrong to you." I said.

"No man, there's no need of it. But I will like to say you something." He said as If asking my permission, so I nodded.

"We don't always get what we wish for but trust me, when we don't get it, it's because god has something more valuable for us. So we should accept whatever life serves us, leave the things which are gone and cherish the things which we have because at the end of the day, whatever is meant to be will always be ours, You just need to have faith in god." he said.

"God, well I never believed in him but if he is there, I hope he bless you both." I said extended my hand for a handshake but instead he gave me a hug. Then I moved towards the next and the last person whom I was supposed to meet at this moment, Aashna.

When I went in front of her, my mind stopped functioning and I was blank. I looked at her and soon a song started playing in my head.

Staring at the ceiling in the dark
Same old empty feeling in your heart
Love comes slow and it goes so fast
Well you see her when you fall asleep
But never to touch and never to keep
'Cause you loved her too much and you dive too deep

'Cause you only need the light when it's burning low
Only miss the sun when it starts to snow
Only know you love her when you let her go ( let her go, passenger)

She was not looking at me, she just kept her head down. What am I even going to say you Aashna? Stay happy with someone else? Tell you that I still want you to change your decision? Make you believe that I still love you? What? What should I tell you?

Aashna's pov:

Omg, he is actually going.

Though we were standing outside to say him goodbye, my mind and heart were still not accepting the fact that he was going from here. Where? I don't know. When he will back? I don't know. Is he going with someone else or alone? I still don't know. I didn't knew the answers to anyone of this questions I just knew that he was going from here, far away from here.

He met everyone and now it was my turn. It was so heart melting to watch him meet everyone, they all cried. And now that he was standing in front of me, I was supposed to speak but I didn't had the courage. I was hardly able to look at him, so I kept my head down.

"Aashna." he called and my whole body went cold. I looked at him and saw the tears forming in his eyes. Please don't cry.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry for everything I have done to you in past." he said whereas I just shook my head, indicating him not to say sorry but he didn't stopped, he continued what he was saying.

"I wish I was never too egoistic. I wish I would not have let you go so easily but I did, that's the reason why I'm here."

"Thank you for everything you gave me. Thank you making me a better man. Before I go, I wanted to say sorry  and I hope you will forgive me." he said, tears falling down his cheeks.

He came forward to hug me and within no seconds I wrapped my arms around him.

"Have a great life ahead." He said kissing the side of my head and broke the hug. Please don't go.

"Bye guys." He said turning towards where everyone was standing. They didn't replied anything as they were still busy crying.

"Come on guys, at least say bye." He said and everyone slowly waved their hands. He smiled at them and then sat in his car and vanished.

We went inside the lawn and got settled on our seats. Dinner was going on but no one had appetite to eat, so we were just sitting silently. Kriya and Ruan were clicking pictures with the relatives.

I needed some fresh air so I came out and sat on a bench near by. Everything happened so fast that my mind was not able to function it. I closed my eyes and remembered Aarav's words.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry for everything I have done to you in past."

He kept saying sorry for letting me go easily but in reality he didn't! He did so many things to get me back, he even said sorry to me several times but I was so stupid. I didn't listened to him. I agree he was aggressive and a bit egoistic but he loved me so much. We had fights like every other couple but I never thought that it will get this worse.

I was still sitting on the bench, when I heard footsteps approaching towards me but I didn't bothered to look back, I kept looking at the stars but froze when I heard the question coming from that person.

"You still love him, don't you?"

Do vote and comment.
Thank you