f0ür

There is no easy walk to freedom anywhere, and many of us will have to pass through the valley of the shadow of death again and again before we reach the mountaintop of our desires.

nelson mandela

"Ten." I replied.

She led me behind the counter and walked to the pile of aprons, finding one in a size ten. She threw it at me and I clumsily caught it, quickly putting it over my coat.

"Coat needs to come off."

"Oh." I took the apron and the coat off, putting the coat behind the door with a collection of other coats and draping the apron over my pale blue sweater.

"Better. You can do the cake plating up." She instructed.

"Oh." I said, walking to where her finger pointed. It was a hard metal bench with square white plates stacked in neat piles in the corner, and an array of sauces, chocolates and tiny edible flowers lined up across the front. I smiled slightly.

"Your shifts are on this timetable." She handed me a small slip of blue paper.

"You already have a timetable for me?"

"This job has been available for a while." She smiled, and promptly left.

_

Is this lady nice? will anything bring back memories for her?

Whats her name, even?

Until next chapter, munchkins,

_wolfbell