thïrtŷ-sëvën

Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.

martin luther king jr.

The ambulance came soon after, the paramedics not even glancing up at the two of us, clinging to each other like life depended on it.

And for me, maybe it did.

My eyes were closed, and I felt a gentle thumb rub across my cheekbone, wiping away a tear. I opened my eyes and looked up to see Tim smiling.

It was somewhat sympathetic, and I stepped back a little bit.

He crossed his arms over his body. "That's that then, I suppose." He said, awkwardly. He turned to look over his shoulder, making a gesture with his thumb. "I'll be off."

After a few slow steps, he was out the door and gone.

I instantly felt insecure, instantly felt like weights have dropped into my gut and I was being weighed down and I couldn't stand or balance or think.

I was choking on air as I ran out the door, my vision blurry with tears. I collided into Tim and we fell, my body taking the impact and Tim falling beside me.

I put my head on his chest, and his arm went around my body. "There, there." He murmured, his voice soft.

I breathed in, and the world felt better.

_

So sorry for the long wait!! I have been really busy with assessments, and also I'm moving house so that process is chaotic. Hope you enjoy this chapter guys!!

Also, the quotes at the beginning of each chapter are useful. Please read, or you kinda miss out on bits of the story, in a way.

Love all my readers!