tŵëntŷ-ëïght

I'm lonely. And I'm lonely in some horribly deep way and for a flash of an instant, I can see just how lonely, and how deep this feeling runs. And it scares the shit out of me to be this lonely because it seems catastrophic.

augusten burroughs

I didn't answer, draping the dress over my arm.

"Hey, sorry." He touched my chin, tilting my face upwards to his. "Olivia?"

"Yeah?" I said. "What?"

He quickly shoved his hands in his pockets. "Nothing. We should change."

I walked to the change rooms without another word, and I slammed the door shut.

I wasn't his partner, I was his friend.

I hadn't ever had a friend before.

At least not a real one, not one that understands me and knows me.

I don't know if Tim is a real friend.

I am so confused; I feel like I'm a balloon, released from a child's wrist and alone between the clouds and the stars.

Alone between all the shining bright people and alone between all the secured groups I can't see inside.

Alone.

There's only one balloon in the sky, and I'm light and I'm breakable, I'm fragile and I'm lost.

Lost and alone.

I peeled off my clothes and pulled on the dress, and shakily looked in the mirror.

Almost all my pale purple bruises were showing.

On my collarbone, my legs, my arms.

The dress was pretty, though, but it would have been better by itself. The blue made my skin go paler and the bruises stand out more and it was me.

It made everybody and everything else stand out more that it did itself.

_

comment your thoughts!!